Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Newbie with only 6 days left!!!!!

Hi there, only just found this website and I only have 6 days left till the big day!!! I have been having really strong period pains for the last 24 hours and not sure if I'm starting. My back is aching like mad and I can't seem to get comfortable but if I am in labour I'm not sure I'll be convinced until my waters break because I've been having that many twinges over the last few weeks that I feel abit like the boy who cried wolf!!
Had a really up and down pregnancy, at my 20 week scan they said my baby was measuring small for dates and I have been going for Fetal Assessment Scans every 4 weeks since my 20 week scan. At my last scan at 36 weeks they finally decided that he is actually going to be a 'normal' size, and he weighed atleast 6lbs at 36 weeks so he should be a nice healthy size when he decides to make his grand appearance!! So I've had a fair bit of stress in this pregnancy and last week I had to be rushed to hospital as my midwife feared I had pre-eclampsia (which turned out to be nothing).
Anyway, I am going to try and keep active and hope that something will happen as I am getting really fed up now!!!

Replies

• Options
    Hi im Sara and im due on the 25th Feb. My midwife rushed me to hospital 2 weeks ago for pre eclampsia but all was fine.

Not long to go until we meet our little ones, Is this your first??
    I already have 2 boys aged 12 and 2 I dont know the sex of this baby but think its another boy.

Sara x x
  • Options
    Hi Sara, this is my second one, already have a little boy of 6 years (going on 16!!!!)
    Getting really nervous and excited now, not sure I'm entirely ready for his arrival, not got a steriliser etc although I will be breastfeeding so hopefully wont need one straight away anyway!!
    How about you? Are you all ready? I've been nesting like crazy so my house is spotless (until my son comes home from school!!)
    Are you going to have a sweep if the baby hasn't arrived by 25th? I was never offered one with my little boy, he was 2 weeks late and they just booked me in to be induced so I'd not heard of a stretch and sweep until I found out I was pregnant with this one.
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Sara, this is my second one, already have a little boy of 6 years (going on 16!!!!)
    Getting really nervous and excited now, not sure I'm entirely ready for his arrival, not got a steriliser etc although I will be breastfeeding so hopefully wont need one straight away anyway!!
    How about you? Are you all ready? I've been nesting like crazy so my house is spotless (until my son comes home from school!!)
    Are you going to have a sweep if the baby hasn't arrived by 25th? I was never offered one with my little boy, he was 2 weeks late and they just booked me in to be induced so I'd not heard of a stretch and sweep until I found out I was pregnant with this one.
    xx
  • Options
    Hi ya Im really hoping I dont go overdue but got no signs as of yet. I might ask the midwife on friday about a sweep. My 2 yr old was born on his due date, I know the feeling about house being tidy until they come home from school. Mines lovely while joe has a nap but then looks like a bomb site again!!!!

Im as ready as I will ever be, not looking forward to the sleepless nights though.

Where are you?? Has your midwife been ok?? Ive not seen the same one twice yet.

Sara X