Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

SPD & Labour - Also in Due in Nov 09

Hi Ladies,

I saw my physio 10 days ago and she has diagnosed a pelvis problem similar to SPD but just effecting the 2 joints in the back and not the front one (hope this makes sense). I have been unable to lay on my back or sit on hard surfaces since 13 weeks and kind of thought it would be something like this.

I decided to speak to my physio about labour as I was concerned about the pain when I lay on my back and she has suggested that I do not lie on my back unless extreemly necessary, such as internal checks and stitches. She suggested I give birth in a crouching type position but this of course rules out any plan of an epidural. I had not decided that was what I wanted but I wanted it to be an option and whenever I have voiced labour fears to friends with babies they all say don't worry just have an epidural, so thats out the window! I plan to speak to my midwife at my next appointment but wondered what advice any SPD sufferes have been given?

I am now starting to panic as I just wanted my labour to be as normal as normal can be and feel that this has been taken away form me.

I would really appriciate anyones posts/comments/advice.

Kerry
27+2

Replies

• Options
    Hi.It sounds as though you need to do some pilates to help stabilise your pelvis through out pregnancy. If you are worried about an epidural, they usually administer it whilst lying on your side, and once you have had it, i doubt you'll be worring about SPD. My advice... keep moving!