Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

fed up.. dont understand how to realise real labour?

hi all..
im feeling so fed up today... and so uncomfortable...
My hind waters seemed to have broke on sunday morning (i think!), since then ive had upset stomach and period pains coming and going.... ive also had strong braxon hicks...
im only 34+3 so am really confused at whats going on...

This is my first baby and my mind is going into overdrive at what could be going on....
Am i going into labour early?... is this pre- labour signs?...

any advise would be appreciated...
:cry:

keep modifying as im CRAP at spelling!!!

[Modified by: pregnant lady on 22 May 2007 21:48:02 ]

[Modified by: pregnant lady on 22 May 2007 21:49:23 ]

Replies

• Options
    i would go in and see your gp if not just wait and see what happenes i guess if they havnt it is better as you are only 34 weeks i am only 22 weeks this is my first but i get really scared that i wont no the signs of labour but if anything serous happenes i go to my gp as i can never get hold of my midwife
  • Options
    Your baby needs to be born within 48 hrs of waters breaking u must call your labour ward to be checked out!! And as said above u will know if u have real contractions but this doesnt matter if ur waters have gone cos the baby needs to come anyway. Good luck.
  • Options
    Hi with both my girls my hind waters broke early. With my eldest they broke at 38+3 so they sent me home to see if I laboured but did not and was induced 48 hours later in case of infection and had to have antibiotics whilst labouring as a precaution. With my youngest I was only 36+3 therefore they kept me in hospital and were going to induce me when I was 37 weeks but she had other ideas and came 36+5 and yet again had antibiotics whilst labouring. If you definately think it is your waters I would go back up the hospital due to your gestation. Thankfully both times my hospital was very good and gave me lots of support as it is frustrating having your waters broken and no labour as you cannot really have baths have sex etc, Good luck and take care xx