Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Birth story (also in Born in Nov)

Here goes, i keep meaning to write this down but never seem to get the chance!

I was 41 weeks exactly and feeling very fed up, went to midwife app and she gave me a sweep, i was already 3to4cm and she was amazed i wasnt in proper labour. I can honestly say i only felt what i though were braxton hicks and not painful at all. This was at 2pm. She told me to go for a walk, have sex and eat liquorice!!! So i did, although not all at the same time!

By the evening i was getting regular contractions but they still were not painful, i have GBS so i decided to ring hospital, they told me to go in and take my bags! yeah! When i arrived i was only 4cm, they gave me the drip for the gbs and said they would check on me 4hours later!!!

I never made it 4 hours because 3 and half hours later the contraxtions had gone to 30 mins apart from 5 mins and still not painful so we decided to come home. I got in bed at 2pm ish and fell asleep.

It was 5am when i realised i had 3 bad contractions whilst lay in bed, i got up had paracetamol put the heating on for a bath haha and did my hot water bottle! Inbetween bounncing on birthing ball and going to toilet i realised water was trickling out and that there was blood in it! I knew this meant i was likely to be 8cm ish but was indenial. The pains were alot worse now so i rung midwife but couldnt manage to say anything other than "its Fiona, im coming back" haha whilst sat on the toilet! I never did get my bath!

I tried to get in our car but couldnt decide whether to get in head first of normally or lay down on the back seat. It sounds funny now but at the time i just couldnt get in due to the pain! Luckily the roads were empty as it was 6am because as we got onto the road outside the hospital i felt the familiar burning sensation and suddenly i was pushing.
I couldnt believe it because i thought i had hours of this left but i knew i was near the end.

We parked up oyside the doors at the hospital and my partner rushed to find the midwife who realised i was pushing in the car, so she flew me up to the top floor in a secret lift, leaving my partner to park the car properly and bring my 4...yes 4 bags up to the delivery room.

By the time he had climbed 4 flights of stairs (with my bags) i was on the bed pushing, 3 pushes later Isabella Faith was born at 06.24am weighing 8lbs 9oz. I was in a complete state of shock as i just didnt think it was going to be so fast.

She is adorable amd i cant beleieve she is here after all the problems i had in this pregnancy, and it was definately easier and less painful second time round.

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone who is still waiting for their babies and congratulations to everyone else.

Fiona and Isabella 13 days image

Replies