Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Back 2 Back - Induction

Ok,

I'm beinf realistic about this,.. I'm being induced oin Wednesday eve I have a back 2 back baby who is predicted 9lb+ and has reduced movements (they think due to space)

I've read Inductions can be long and that back to back babies dont play ball..... image

Just wondering if anyone has and experiences or stories along a similar thread?

Replies

• Options
    Hey hun

Sorry, I have no experience on this as you know, but saw your post on the home page and just wanted to wish you luck. Looking forward to your text.

Rach
    38+3
    xx
  • Options
    hi, i was induced at 40+3 due to high bp, it was long, i won't lie and ended in a em c section at 40+6. now i think this is partkly due to the particlar hospital i was in, who decided for some reason they wld rathe keep strapped to a bed for almost the entire thing, and certainly for 12hours constantly from waters breaking til c sec. i only ever erached 2cm, which is what i was when my waters went, before the drip, and ds stayed at 2/5 engaged. had the let me move around then its quite possible that he wld've dropped down, opened my cerix and been a whole different story. it was also found by the surgeon that ds was back2back, non of the midwives had noticed, and the first time its recorded in my notes is where the surgeon wrote it upon delivery. so particulalry with b2b it was the worst thing to do to keep me sat in one position the whole time becasue basically ds head was hitting the base of my spine, hence not decsending. now many women have fantastic backto back inductions that run smoothly, so please don't take my experience as what will happen to u, but just be ware the the more mobile u are theeasier it will be for baby to get in position. i swear if and when i have a nexttime there is no way i'll be sat on a bed lol, i'll be stood up and bouncing as much as i can. at one point i got the urge to turn on my side so i did and no less than 5 minutes later the mws were arguing to sit back up, next time i'll tell them to stick it lol. good luck, and remember upright or all fours (ooh saying that they say crawling on all fours pre labour can encoyrage baby to turn) xx
  • Options
    I was induced with a back to back baby although nobody picked up the position until she literally being pulled out of me (ventouse delivery). For me it was very painful and walking (which I had been planning to do a lot of) was virtually impossible. My only advice would be to make sure you have adequate pain relief. I never got an epidural despite asking and I think it would have made the experience a lot better!
  • Options
    I had a back to back baby, we didnt know he was bk to bk till it came to pushing, had to have a epidural and taking to theater to get he turned, it wasnt as bad as it sounds, contractions are more painfull with back to back babys, but the good thing is u already know u are having a back to back baby, i defo wouldnt rule out a epidural hun and id ask for one soon as pos if i was in the situation again xx
  • Options
    My baby was back to back and I didn't know until I started pushing. My labour started naturally and was very qucik ( 1 hour 46 mins in total). As Lily had to turn as she came out I had a third degree tear and was taken to theatre for an hour to be sewn up. I didn't feel the tear happen tho. I had no epdiural and only 3 puffs on the gas and air as the midwife took it off me!

Good luck. xxx