Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

C SECTION QUESTION

Hi just a quick question if anyone can help, my lo is currently breech so may have to have a c section, if this happenens when do you usually have this is it before your due date or do they wait for you to go into labour?

:?

Replies

• Options
    Oh it's always before, usually two weeks before due date. They don't want to wait until you go into labour if it's a scheduled c-section.
  • Options
    Hi, I think it depends on the hospital.. My local ones usually book around 1 week, unless you have had a prev c-section, then try and do it 2 weeks before.
    With my 1st she was breech, and they only booked me in 4 days before my due date..... but I went into labour myself 10 days early, so I was examined and taken straight for a c-section... so even if you get booked in and go into labour, they just ask you to contact them asap so they can make sure they are ready for when you arrive.
    caz x
  • Options
    I wudnt worry about ur baby been breech, my first one was breech until i was 38wks and mw were considering c-section but i think sumtimes they just rush into these things and dnt give babies the chance to move. Kerry xxx
  • Options
    Hey there my lo was breech, I now know that she turned into this position in the 38th week but wasn't aware of it at the time!
    We found out at a routine antenatal appt on 23rd December, 2 days before due date, so I was booked in for a c-section the next day (Xmas Eve!).They did try to turn her but that failed.
    In our local area, they will let you go to 39 weeks with constant monitoring (esp if its your first) as there is every chance that the baby can turn.
  • Options
    Another question ladies if you dont mind......I just curious after having 4 vag births I now having a section. Because you don't dilate how does the mucus plug or show come out??? it cant stay there for ever can it?? It must come away at some time? also, is your bleeding heavy for weeks like a vag deliver????

Hope breech baby moves for you!!!! if not welcome to the section club (i need sectioning...as in the lost my marbles sense)
    d xx