Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

reflexology

hi i was just woundering if any body has try reflexology and if it worked

thanks becki 36+3

Replies

• Options
    I tried it first time round, it didn't work but was bloody relaxing and I'd definately recommend it. Have to add that I am quite strange and LOVE having my feet messed with though lol!!!
  • Options
    hiimage
    mi sister has it , they told her thant most women will go to labour in a day or even the same night;) They say its 6 out of 10 but her lil one decided to wait few more days anyway;)

Good luck with your arrival hun image
  • Options
    I was going to give this a try too. I've heard positive feedback from lots of people. Don't know if one session is enough or if 2 is better but I think I'm going to treat myself to a due date reflexology session ! Sx 35+1
  • Options
    Hi ladies...

if u have a normal preganancy i mena haad no problems that reflexology is prefectly safe and most of the time does work... I know a lady who had reflexology at midday on a saturday afternoon and went into labour that night...

if u do go for it and it dont work at least you have had a pamper before lo is born and have had some very valuable me time!!! lol x x x
  • Options
    Hi I had to be induced with my 1st as he was 14 days late and was so disappointed. With my 2nd I was determined to try anything to go into labour naturally and tried reflexology (amongst other things). I had a man come to our house and it was really relaxing - I think I had 2 sessions and don't know if it worked or not but went into labour naturally at 11 days over so that was a good enough result for me!!
    With my 3rd, I desperately wanted my home water birth and another reflexologist (the man had moved away unfortunately) came to my house for weekly sessions from about 34 weeks. As others have said it is so relaxing and for me particularly great to be at home as I spent the sessions imagining my home birth (which I got and was perfect - lo was 4 days overdue this time!).
    My lo is now 17 months and I still treat myself to monthly sessions which is usually the only time I get to have a rest for an hour and relax and I really look forward to them. The sessions also remind me of when I was pregnant and relive some happy memories - well worth the money!!
    One thing I would say is that if you can find someone to come to your house it is definately worth the extra (I pay ??3 more which it would cost me in petrol ) as it obviously saves you having to leave your comfort of home and if, like me you have evening sessions you can just go straight to bed wonderfully relaxed!! xx