Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

HAVE MY WATERS GONE????

Hi Chickpea

If i was in your position i would speak with my midwife as she will be able to say wether or not it's your waters and they might want you to go in for an internal if it is. Congratulations on this being your third, ive been asking around to find out from others who have had 3 whats it like, i'm just about to start trying for my third my first 2 are now 5 and 6yrs so not as big a gap as yours, let us know how you get on i would love to hear back from you.

Take care and good luck x x

Charlotte

Replies

• Options
    I AM 39 WEEKS WITH MY THIRD BABY. MY WATERS HAVE NEVER GONE ON THEIR OWN BEFORE, THEY HAVE ALWAYS HAD TO BE BROKEN ARTIFICIALLY. I AM CARRYING VERY DIFFERENTLY THIS TIME ROUND (AFTER A GAP OF 9 YEARS!! AND TWO BOYS). I STARTED WITH MILD CONTRACTIONS FROM 4AM THIS MORNING EVERY 5MINS. AT 9AM I HAD A BATH AND THEY STOPPED! THEY STARTED AGAIN AT 10.30AM, AGAIN MILD AND EVERY 5MINS. THEN AT 1.30PM AS I WAS ABOUT TO GO FOR A WEE I HAD A STRONG CONTRACTION AND I HAD TO SUDDENLY HOLD MYSELF AS WATER OR WEE STARTED TO RUN!! HAD NO CONTROL OVER IT. ALL CONTRACTIONS STOPPED FOR AN HOUR AND THEN THEY STARTED UP AGAIN , STRONGER BUT ALL OVER THE PLACE WITH TIMINGS SO I DON'T KNOW IF THEY ARE CONTRACTIONS OR BRAXTON HICKS AS I HAVE BEEN HAVING THOSE FOR WEEKS NOW. I'M THINKING IT MAY HAVE BEEN PRESSURE ON MY BLADDER, HOW EMBARRASSING AND ALL OVER THE KITCHEN FLOOR!!! DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO REALLY, ANY ADVICE, BABY IS VERY LOW AND I AM SUFFERING WITH SYMPHYSIS PUBIC DISORDER TOO.
  • Options
    Hi Charlotte, thanks for your reply. I've just phoned the labour ward for advise and because my pad has been dry since and no other episodes, plus the contractions have stopped, they have said it will have been the baby pressing on my bladder!! How embarrassing, especially as it happened infront of my husband and 13 year old son. They thought it was hilarious! I have two boys 13 and an 8 year old who is 9 in 2 weeks. Felt broody last year so we decided if we were going to have another to do it before i reached 40( I'm 36 now). I hope everything goes well with your trying for another and would love to carry on chatting. Thanks again, xx PS My name is Sharon.
  • Options
    Hi Sharon

I'll keep my fingers crossed but not my legs lol that it wont be long now for you. My husband would of done the same thing and probably even told the neighbours. How long were you in labour with the others?

Charlotte xx
  • Options
    Well if you ask me 19hrs with the first and 12hrs with the second! But looking at my notes and when the midwives time it from they say 6hrs 20min for the first and 5hrs 30min for the second. I think thats from 3cm dilated whereas I start it from the begining of labour and I'm always slow to get to 3cm!
    Sharon xx
  • Options
    Good luck anyway and let us know when things start happening i hope it's not to long.

Charlotte x x
  • Options
    Hi Sharon

My waters broke slightly the day before they broke properly. When I called the labour ward they said it was the baby pressing on my bladder as it was only a trickle and my pad was dry after but I wasnt convinced as there was little bits of white in it and it smelled really sweet - the only thing I can compare it to is pancake mix. My waters went the next day and had the white bits in again which turned out to be vernix and the same smell. When I went to the labour ward the midwife said the sack can sometimes tear slightly and then seal back up or the babys head can stop the trickle till they break fully. Hope this helps and good luck, Jo x
  • Options
    I was just thinkin of postin something about this, cause this morning when i got up i went straight to the bathroom, before I got to the loo, I had something trickling down my legs. I wasn't sure if it was my waters of that I'd wet myself, anyhow I rang the maternity unit who said to put a pad on and see if I leaked any more. Now I don't mean to sound like a minger, but my pad has felt damp, and there is no funny colour on the pad so I'm not sure if it's sweat or what. This is my first baby and although I've read all the information, I feel totally useless and feel like i don't no whats meant to happen.
  • Options
    Thanks Jo for your advise and sharing your experience. Sometimes you just feel stupid bothering the labour ward especially as I'm on my 3rd baby! However things are so different this time round and it's been a while, you kind of forget stuff.
    So" ljgreg" don't feel useless coz even us 3rd timers feel the same too. Speak to the midwife again hun if you unsettled. Good luck,xx
  • Options
    Hi Sharon

Any news from you, anything else happened today. When is your actual due date?

Charlotte x