Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

my baby boy is here at last

hi all hope you are all doing well
my little boy was born on the 26/4/08 i was going to be enjuced on the friday morning but due to labour ward being full i had to wait till friday night i had two gels and the contraction started almost state away
i had always said i was not going to have a c section what ever happend if i could do a natual birth thats what i wanted
by 8pm the contraction were one after the aother and i could not cope with out gas and air any more so was moved to labour ward
where they told me i was 3cm dilated and they broke my waters then every thing slowed right down to almost nothing so they put me on the drip by this time i was so tired all i wanted to do was sleep
but by 11pm on the 26th i still was only 6/7 cm dilated and the doc came in and said to my husban and midwife he was going to get changed as my babys boys haert beat was going down to 70 at that was not good well with that i had the eage to push and at 11.25 my little boy was born but he was not brething and was rushed to specal care
it was very upseting and all we could do was wait they got him breathing and we was told he had to stay on specal care hooked up to all the monitors till they know why he had stop brething
by 4am they came and told us our baby boy had a chest infection but he was going to be fine he just had to stay on the monitors till he was better
well i got him back on the 30th and we both came home on friday hes lovly and altho he gave me a scare i cant thank the staff at wreham enough for all there help and care they gave me and my baby dennis ifan image

Replies