Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Officially Overdue!

Just wanted to have a moan!

Am now officially overdue... I'm gutted!

Nevermind eh? I am sure I'm not alone - just feeling very emotional and apprehensive I suppose.

Good luck to everyone - lets hope we all dont have much longer to wait...

Sarah x

40+1

Replies

• Options
    hey! must be annoying having to wait even longer for your little one 2 come but make the most of having time to yourself as you wont have much of it when the baby arrives. hope you dont have to wait too much longer and good look hun xx
  • Options
    i was due friday but iv had cramps all day 2day and think i had a show so hopefully thats a sign that things r gona happen soon, im dreading it at the same time tho lol. im booked 4 an induction on the 30th but really dont want that so il have 2 just start jumpin about and hope it comes naturally lol
  • Options
    hi mum to another 1

im seeing the MW on Sun for my 3rd sweep and we are going to discuss induction dates too. The consultant wants this to happen at about 41 wks as the baby is quite big.

Hopefully things will happen before this but who knows?

Just a bit worried about having an induction...

Sarah x

40+2

and good luck Laura too hope it happens soon eh? xxx
  • Options
    i was 8 days late. going over a very uneven road i think helped!
  • Options
    hey sarah, hang in there and try not to worry x.
    (your seeing your midwife on a sunday?)!!
    p.s have they guessed at how big the baby will be?
  • Options
    yeah, shes coming to my house to do another sweep!

4 wks ago the baby was 7lbs. I was scanned at 36 wks - so how big she is now is anyones guess!

Im so excited tho! Really want to hold her now...

Sarah x
  • Options
    Hi Sarah

I was induced with my first and although it was not what I had wanted, the experience was fine- in fact if I could have the same birth this time (due in 2 weeks) I would. My baby also a bit 'big' this time....have another scan on Weds to check it isn't too large! At 35+ weeks it was 7lbs 1oz.........
  • Options
    hi there,

I ended up having the sweep yesterday at the hospital. A long story, but phoned them as I thought I might have an infection and they asked me to go in. They did some tests and stuff. I'm getting green/yellow globs coming out loads of it (it was clear stuff last week)and I thought it was a show but the MW not sure. Will get the results on tue. Mistified as to what it is and just hope the baby is ok.

So far nothing from the sweep!!!

I'm also a bit confused, when I went for a 36wk scan the consultant said I would need 2 sweeps a week and then if they didnt work I would have to be induced at 41 wks as the baby is quite big. Thing is he didnt write anything in my notes about this. Anyway, I mentioned it at the hosp yesterday, and the MW is coming to see me on thur for another sweep!!! I will be 41+2 then and obviously will have to wait to see if it works. I'm so confused now! Do I push to be induced or not?

Dunno wot to do! Help

Sorry to go on...

Sarah x