Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what does it feel like?

i know this may sound like a very odd question, and one that will be no doubt very hard to explain, but what does real contractions actually feel like??

and also, when u first start getting them, the very first few, do they hurt or are they like braxton hicks?

im puzzled!! have a feeling i may be in the early stages of labour, but am very reluctant to ring my midwife after already haveing had two false alarms, and leaving hospital feeling like a right tit!! lol!!

much appreciated!

gracie and bump xxx

Replies

• Options
    Well I'm not much help as I never had b.hicks and didn't notice I was contracting at all in the early stages of labour. When I started to notice contractions they didn't hurt but felt like a sort of twisting or tightening (I was being monitored at the time, probably wouldn't have realized what they were if I was at home). When they got bad it was more like bad crampy period pain which made me feel sick. Don't remeber much after that!

If you think that they are coming regularly and getting worse as time goes on then it could be the start of things! Good luck and don't be scared to call mw!

xxx