Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When did your labour start?

Hey ladies, hope everyone is well.

I was just wondering how many of you started labour during the day and how many started during the night? I'm now 8 days overdue with my first and all my twinges so far have been around 2am i've never had anything happen during the day.

For some reason i've always thought things would start to happen late at night or during the early hours and it never crossed my mind until last night (I couldnt sleep!) that it could actually all start during the day. Be interesting to hear when your labours started.
Thanks girls

Cath
40+8 (Grrrr!)

Replies

• Options
    My 1st twinges started at about 8pm, when me and hubby were watching Ant and Dec's Saterday night Takeaway!!!
  • Options
    Each of my three labours started overnight, around 9pm give or take an hour !

I knew when my babys were on the way cos the hours before I was soooo mardy, stroppy and sick!!!! each time !!!!

Hopefully this baby no'4 will be the same, I like the early warning lol!!!

bab 14+4 baby no'4
  • Options
    My hubby would say i've been mardy and stroppy for the last 4 weeks waiting for this baby!! Thanks for the replies, hope baby no4 is as good for you babs, it must be nice having that early warning!

Cath 40+8
  • Options
    My water broke at 7.30am half in half out of bed to go to the loo. I was frozen with shock one leg on the floor the other still in bed. Afterwards i realied the clue had been a touch of diarreha (sp?) the night before but i didnt think anything of it at the time as i still had a week to go before my due date. Apparently that often happens a few hours before you go into labour. Its your bodies way of getting ready for all those contractions.
  • Options
    My first contractions started at around 7pm whilst eating dinner and continued from there, followed by a show and loose bowels. I double checked my hospital bag, painted my toes and took a bath with a contraction that literally shot me out of the water. Went to hospital at midnight, only to be 6cm dialated (that was a shock)!!!! and had my son at 5.05am.
    ps i was 40+5 when contractions started and 40+6 when he was born
  • Options
    i had a show at 5.30am (on the day of our wedding anniversary!) and my waters were continuosly breaking all day.
    i stayed at home as I opted for a dominoes birth - more intense labour pains didn't start until about 9pm that evening but my hubby kept me occupied all day - going for walks playing board games etc, I didn't go into hospital till about 2 am the following morning and had LO at 7.30 am.
  • Options
    I had a sweep at 36+6 and a show immediatly afterwards and strong BH, I went into labour properly at about 8:30pm the next day (I was having mild to moderate contractions every 10 minutes before this but not in established labour) and had Lily fay at 10:17pm!
    xxx