Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mayday Croydon?

Has anyone any experience of Mayday hospitals labour ward... good or bad? I'm trying to decide where to have baby. I'm gonna visit the hosp soon but wondered if anyone else has had or is having their baby there. x :\?

Replies

• Options
    Hi,
    Just read your message above what I can say about Mayday is my Mum had three children there and my partner was born there and we are alright no birth problems etc I thing all hospitals are about the same these days but which other hospitals do you have to chose from I recently moved to Brighton so I am having mine at The Royal Sussex .Until 3 weeks ago I was working in London and the nearest hospital was St Thomas which to me is a fantastic hospital this is where I would have gone had the baby come early.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thanks surprise, My other options are st.Helier in carshalton, surrey or east surrey hosp. I've read that mayday has got a new birthing centre which sounds nice, you've got to be considered low risk to go their though.
  • Options
    I was under St Helier until I moved my experiences there were good the Midwifes are far more friendly then at the Royal Sussex were they seem to be more concerned about lunch and finishing then you.
    Wishing you all the best. x:\)

[Modified by: surprise on May 18, 2007 01:01 PM]