Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

will i also need induced with second?

hi i got induced with my first 10 days overdue...(well i got given the gel in order to be induced further in the morning but went into labour after the gel)...so wondered if it is likely ill need induced again this time.?

i ask becasue i want a home birth, so hope to just go into labour naturally.

has anyone went into labour naturally after being induced with first??

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;29/st/20080523/dt/5/k/1ec5/preg.png

Replies

• Options
    Hi - I wanted a home birth for my 1st but had to give up at 14 days and go in to be induced. I desperately wanted to experience going into labour naturally so did all I could with my 2nd and my waters broke at home when he was 11 days late. I had to have him in hospital because of a placenta problem but it was a shame because when I arrived at hospital an hour later I was already fully dilated.
    Tried everything again with my 3rd and she was only 4 days late and born at home. So no, you won't necessarily have to be induced again.
    Things I tried were all the usual things but also reflexology, accupuncture, homeopathy, lots of fresh pineapple and with the 3rd a small amount of castor oil (was SO desperate for my home birth!). Don't know if any/all worked but something did because I went into labour naturally. It is SO much better especially if you want a homebirth xx