Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long can a show go on for lol???

Hiya ladies,

This might be tmi!!!

I started getting my show on tuesday, it was a large clear jelly lump, and since then there has been some every time I wipe and another 3 large amounts on different days. There has been no blood but it is definately a show and not discharge as it's like jelly/ rubber.

Does anyone know how long it can keep comming out for and how long it could be before labour?? Surely there can't be that much there lol.

Thanks for any replies.

Faith 39+4.xxx

Replies

• Options
    hia my show lasted over a week at 1st it was like a jelly then as time went on it had bits of blood in it n sometimes was pinky i was also in slow labour 4 a week but 1nce my waters broke that was it lol hope this helps n gd luck xx
  • Options
    Oh my god a week?????? I hope it's sooner than that but probably won't be. It's strange I feel over due as my daughter was born 9 days early and thought this one would be early too.xxx
  • Options
    Sorry to say, mine lasted at least 4-5 days hun but it doesn't always go like that. Keep fingers crossed for you that it all happens soon xx
  • Options
    Hehe, 4 to 5 days doesn't sound that bad actually as that would mean today or tomorrow now lol. I've given up thinking that with every little twinge my waters are going to break, just going to wait and see now!!xxx
  • Options
    My last show came after a sweep, about 5 days later I started getting contractions but never dilated until nearly 10 hrs later when my waters went with a massive pop and I went from 0 - 8.5cm in about 20 secs!!! That was baby no4 thou lol

Keeping walking, doing little bits - with my 3rd, I did loads of washing and tumbling and folding so was up n down the stairs a lot putting away etc and went into labour 2 hrs later and gave birth 3.5 hrs after that!!

Best of luck hun!! image

http://lilypie.com/pic/080709/qfGV.jpg

http://bd.lilypie.com/JJEjp2/.png

• Options
    I had a very small amount of show (not bloody just looked like snot!) about 3 days before and then I didnt get anymore until I was actually in labour - and even then I didn't get much until I was examined in hospital at 7cm, then there was alot - and it was very bloody - in fact there was so much blood had i not been with a mw who just calmly said 'oh thats your show' I would have panicked!

Amy x