Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I've got my induction date!!!!

Hi Girls, as you all know I had an app at the hospital yesterday. Everything was fine with the growth scan.
I was so happy when having the scan, which i'm not normally so that made a change. The lady scanning me was lovely and when I mentioned wanting to be induced earlier than 38wks she agreed and didn't see why not. She did tell me not to be so happy when I saw the consultant though!!!!
Darren and I had to wait over 30mins to see the consultant and we started talking about Ryan so by the time she arrived I was already in floods of tears! Well, it wasn't my actual consultant, but someone who works with her. She said she'd go and have a word and the consultant came to see us and said YES to being induced at 37wks!! YIPPEE!!! She wasn't very happy about it mind! She said she didn't want a mad woman on her hands though ( I must come across a bit nutty then? lol)
I'm booked in for Friday 16th July. She started telling me the risks though of being induced at 37wks and not 38wks like she'd prefer. She said the induction may not work and i'd end up having to have a
c - section (said I wasn't bothered!!) and she said he might have breathing problems. So true to form, i'm worrying about that now!
Hope everyone is well.
Take care, Luv kathryn xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh that's fab, So glad you managed to get the consultant to agree! One week less worry for you....

I'm hoping to get a date for my c-section at my appt on monday, I've got a scan, ctg monitoring and high risk clinic with the consultant. He has said it will be sometime between 37-38 weeks but if all being well, he will be aiming closer to the 38 weeks, which i am just not comfortable with! So hoping I can push for clloser to 37 weeks aswell. Darcey was born at 38 weeks and I know theres probably nothing in this but i just feel like since this is my second pregnancy my muscles etc will be weaker so im expecting if an abruption is going to happen again it is likely to happen earlier..... Thats probably not even a rational thought as its a whole new placenta but it still always there in my mind!! My consultant has said about baby being likely to have breathing problems if born at 37 weeks, but to be honest the peace of mind knowing that i had my baby out safely would be better than a dreaded week of worry!

How are you feeling otherwise?? xx
  • Options
    Hi CeilidhA, i'm feeling ok thanks. I can't win though!! No matter what happens i'm always worrying. I was worrying incase I had to wait til 38wks to be induced, then I get what I wanted and now i'm starting to worry about being induced at 37wks!!! God, I wish I was like my OH, he NEVER worries, although I suppose I do enough for the two of us!!
    I know everything is well with baby, but to be honest it just goes in one ear and out the other. Because Ryan died inside me I feel that it was all my fault and I just really want this baby out. My mind starts racing and I think of other things that could go wrong. I still believe had the problems with my placenta been picked up earlier, then Ryan could have been delivered early and would have probably survived!!
    I hope you get your c - section at 37wks, its going to be a very stressfull time for you. It doesn't matter what anyone says about everything being fine as the fear of what happened previously is there constantly, and it just takes over.
    I told my consultant I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and said I would beg if need be to be induced at 37wks. She obviously took pity on me!!
    I know babies born at 36-37wks who were absolutely fine. I know thats not always the case but my midwife insists you are term at 37wks and the risks regarding breathing problems are tiny.
    I wish all our babies were here safe and sound. Lisa and Vicki are proof that dreams can happen after nightmares!!
    I know this is goin to sound daft as I don't want my baby to be poorly or anything, but if he came now i'd be pleased!!
    On what date will you be 37wks? You can't have that long to go now. x
  • Options
    I agree completely with every word you have just said. Like you i find myself hoping this baby willl make an early appearance sometimes, just so i know she will get here safely. Then i feel bad for thinking that because why would anyone wish for a prem baby? All i think is I was born at 35 weeks with no problems, my brother was born at 33 weeks and although he was in sbcu for a few weeks again he had miminal problems, surely that is better than a VERY purely full term baby. But at the same time I want my baby to have the best possible start, so will push myself as far as i can mentally but its just such a worry.

I am 29 weeks tomorrow, Start my weekly monitoring on monday so thats something i guess... Baby should be delivered sometime between august 26th nd sept 2nd. I feel the weeks are really slowing down now and my constant worrying has taken a step up. Its so hard to be positive. We have almost everything ready, got pram although it is at OH mums house for now. I have been enjoying shopping for bits and bobz. I just want somebody to tell me, that everything will be fine and we will come home with our baby girl. I am going to push for an earlier c-section but also look into the possibility of staying in the hospital for a week or two before the date if my worrying becomes to much because even though i will hate staying away from home and OH, I know i will feel much safer there as the hospital is over halve an hour away from here.

I pray to god, in a few months time we can all look back at all our previous posts knowing that we had nothing to worry about! xx
  • Options
    Just wanted to say to both of you to hang in there, i know easier said than done. So happy that all your dates are almost confirmed!!!

Take care both of you and try not too worry xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Sohappy, it's nice to hear from you. You are in my thoughts everyday, I wish there was something I could say/do to make you feel better even for a little while, I know there's nothing anyone can do. But just remember if you ever want to talk, rant or just put down your feelings/thoughts we are all here for you. Big hugs xx

[Modified by: CeilidhA on June 30, 2010 08:52 PM]

• Options
    Thank you honey xxx
  • Options
    Hi girls so glad u got ur date hun , just wanted to say ell was born at 36+1 and had no problems breathing at al at 37 ,wks yr classed as term anyway , i couldnt have gone on any longer tyhan i did with ella the stress was taking over , i had steriods at 32 wks as things was going wrong so they can give u them to mature baby6s lungs but my consultant told me that at 37 wks they dont need steriods as lungs are ready by then ?
    there all different and u have to be able to cope and no consultant no matter how now knows wot its like to go,threw wot we have ...
    ella is 3 weeks old now and she is still only 39 wks gestation so her due date isnt till 7th july , shes doing great gained 6 oz this week , are u on face book u can see her pics on there xx take care both love vicki xxxx
  • Options
    Hi CeilidhA, I hope and pray for that too, that we all look back and regret not having enjoyed our pregnancies more once we are holding our babies safely in our arms. But until then that isn't going to happen which is awfully sad.
    Thanks for replying Sohappy, you're so kind to check in on us after all you are going through yourself. Like CeilidhA says, we are all here for you, anytime.
    Lots of Luv, Kathryn xxx
  • Options
    Oh hun, that's fab news and only 2 weeks away, can't wait to read another BA on this forum, it's so special on here!

Becky
    xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Kathryn, i agree with becky, it is very special in this forum xxx
  • Options
    Oh wow, how exciting, I think no matter when baby makes their appearance you'll worry and the professionals wouldn't even contemplate it if it was high risk unless it was a medical emergency. I'm really glad you've got the date set and also look fwd to the announcement, yay for rainbow babies image
  • Options
    Hi,
    Thats so exciting, only 12 days to go!! I agree with the other girls, it does fill me with confidence when i read the BA's in this forum, I can't wait to see yours xx
  • Options
    Hi girls, thanks for the replies. I'm afraid my worrying has gone into overdrive now and i'm not coping so well. I am wishing the days away and would love to go to sleep from now til my induction date. Its around this time that alarm bells started ringing with Ryan, although looking back no-one was in that much of a rush to do anything (which I will alwyas blame myself for as I should have been more insistant). I know this baby is growing fine but it just doesn't change the dreaded fear that something could still go wrong. I am borderline nuts I think, lol!!!
    I hadn't felt as much movement over the weekend so by Sunday night was a wreck. I rang the hospital and they told me to come in. They put me on the monitor for an hour and everything was fine, infact he started having a party then. We didn't get home til 1am and my OH has to be up at 5.15am for work! We were both falling asleep in the hospital and I kept forgetting to press the button when I felt any movement, honestly my brain is frazzled!!
    Anyway, the midwife that looked after us was lovely and she mentioned something she saw in my previous notes from when I had Ryan. She said that when they took some swabs after he was born they found Group B Strep!! I've never heard of it and no-one had ever mentioned me having had it before. I am seeing my midwife on Thurs so i'll ask but just wondered if anyone knew what it is. The midwife at the hospital said if you have it you would be given antibiotics in labour, but that it depends on the doctor if you are given them as it was in a previous pregnancy and not this one. Well shouldn't they do some test to see if its present in this pregnancy?? That wasn't mentioned though.
    Anyway, hope everyone is well?
    Take care, Luv Kathryn xxx
  • Options
    Oh I am so sorry you are finding it all so hard but you are so close now there's not time for too much worrying left image
    That's incredible noone mentioned the groupb strep to you before!!!! I don't know all the facts but I'll fill in what I know, basically it's something that all woman can carry and in the states they routinely test pregnant woman as IF present at birth it can cause still birth or infection. They do say though that it is a waste of time being tested too early as if it showed up at 20weeks for example you may not still have it at 30 or whatever. I actually requested that I'd be wanting this test after Angel and they said they'd test me at 36weeks, I need to check again this pregnancy. Just because you had it before doesn't mean you would definitely have it again but if I were you I would definitely demand testing or the antibs depending on what they say. I'm sorry I don't know all the facts but I know I will be asking for tests this time around just to eliminate the worry if nothing else.
    Please try to relax, I know you won't until baby is here in your arms but you are so close now, take care x
  • Options
    By complete chance this is being asked on pregnancy too, there's not many responses yet but figured if I pop the link down for you maybe they'll be some useful information you can check about or add your own qn to it

http://www.babyexpert.com/chatroom/topic/184578
  • Options
    Hi W4B, thanks for the reply and the link, i'll take a look. Everytime I have been seen by someone, be it at the clinic or hospital, they can never find my file!! We had a full PM on Ryan and obviously I had some swabs, blood tests, etc done, and yet when we had the app for the results, we were just told everything was fine, apart from problems with the placenta!! The report was pages and pages and thats all we got! I wish I had asked for a copy, don't know if I could of done that but it is my baby's PM after all. When they told me Ryan had died they whipped away all my notes, etc and I often wouldn't mind them too. Not that looking through them is going to bring him back, but they will show concerns with my size, that were just left week after week until it was too late. I know I must sound like i'm blaming them, and I don't, cause the only person i'll ever blame is myself, its just the hospital made such a fuss that everything they had done for me was standard procedure (waiting to refer me after 5wks of no growth) I think not??? Nothing will bring Ryan back though it just plays on my mind alot thats all.
    Anyway thanks again, take care, Luv kathryn xxx