Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Clomid and LTTC Thread :-)

Replies

• Options
    Hey all

As horrible as it is we are all LTTC its nice to know there are people we can talk to who are going through the same thing. And hopefully we can help each other get through this difficult journey.

Hannah how you doing lovely?

Poppy i had thought about apcupuncture (sp) but never actually had it done. Is it expensive?

Misshelluk has AF arrived or maybe BFP? I know what you mean about the ov sticks too!! Stressy or what. i have only done them for one month and just found them hard work and taking the fun of bding out of it.... especially untill i actually find out im actually ov!! Which im not at the mo!!

Hollie how was your holiday? Mexico iv always wanted to go there. Have you had hsg or lap and dye done already?

Tashelby sorry to hear about your MC i know how it feels hun mine was just over a year ago too. It doesn't get any easier does it!! Especially when your struggling to concieve again. You should defo push your gp hun as sometimes thats what they need. I went to my gp with all the intention of pushing but luckily she was lovely and put us forward for fertility treatment...so didnt in the end. But i sure of hell would have!

rachysetty i like the positive thinking and the list making i think i might do that. And i can totally understand the acne side of PCOS i too suffer at 28 i had hoped i wouldnt have this sort of problem!! The only thing that seems to stop the acne is being on the pill but obviously that isn't an option.

Poppy i honestly dont know about that hunny as clomid didnt seem to work for me, it just depends on when you ov hun as that then determins when you get AF. Maybe one of the other ladies on clomid will know????? Anyone know the answer?

Summer fingers crossed it does work first time for you i have heard it can work wonders first time. But also heard it can take a few rounds....fingers crossed it doesn't take too long for your BFP.
  • Options
    Well not much has happened with me tbh as Iam not on clomid anymore, still waiting for letter to tell me when my lap and dye, ov drilling is. I am getting really impaitent waiting!! And FC said not to bother with anything while i am waiting, i guess she doesn't wanna waste any if the 6 months i can be on clomid. So i can start taking it straight after the operation.

I did have my first natural AF on the 1st June but have not had another one since...so guess im on cd37.... I have been feeling weird and i have thought about testing but you know when you have been trying sooooooo long and seen soooooooo many BFN's you just don't wanna test, thats how i feel.

Iv thought and hoped i was pg lots of times and never have been ( the time i foudn out when i had MC i didn't even think i was, just did it to find out if i could drink for my birthday! ) PG so i havent tested.

Ohhhh TTC is so hard, but i have now stopped putting my life on hold for TTC as i used bu tnow i am living my life and just hoping to concieve.

I guess this is me relaxed!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    faye, glad to see your taking a more relaxed approach. erm are you completely off clomid now or is this 37 day cycle a natural cycle, just wondering cos if it is clomid then your cycle is usually around 29 days isn't it??/

my point to this and i'm sorry i'm going round the houses to get there, but if you are on a clomid cycle then TEST woman TEST! your so patient!!

i'm on day 20 and we bd'ed 3 days straight after i had injection to make me ov, then every other day after that, so think we git it covered! been having the reflexology too so just feel really chilled out and pretty positive about everything ..not just ttc! had a few twinges on right side where i presume my womb is, a few af cramps now n again. so just have to wait and see now! what will be will be

how is everyone, i love reading all your comments and nice to see newbies here sharing your stories too

han xxx
  • Options
    Well girls hope your all doing ok. After asking your advice bout whether to up my dose of clomid to 100mg after bloods of 0.4 i have decided to go ahead so cd2 today and ill be takin my tablet tonight. Another little question is if levels are still low after this month do you think i should try and push docs for injection to make me ovulate or at least get them to monitor my progesterone levels as i have a gut feeling that this is my problem!!!

Faye- I think you should defo test i dont know how youve resisted???

Babydust to us all xxx
  • Options
    Han im so glad you rfeeling lots of PMA!! I think it defo makes a difference. Sounds like youv covered all your basis hunny, so fingers crossed for you. How long are your cycles normally?

Leanne its a difficult thing thinking about and uping dose's. I too did exactly the same thing as you i uped my dose on the second cycle myself...however did get a letter from doc telling me too a few days after so i was very pleased i did as if i hadn't by the time i got the letter would have been something like cd6, so id have had to wait till the following month.

I have never had the injection but my understanding is that you have to have eggs being produced and see folicials on the ovaries before you can have the injection. I do not know what your bloods would need to be for this to be happening. I expect some of the others may know better??

Id be interested to know if what i think it involves is actually right too???

Han im not on a clomid cycle I came off clomid around end of may time ish, didn't have a period till the 1st June after reflexology and have not had a period since the 1st which was a natuaral period. Im not normally good at holding off testing but i guess with having totally unpredictable AF's and getting sooooooo many BFN's i just dont want to see that result again!

I keep thinking i should as i do feel different, and i have had lots of CM more than normal....but iv thought i had symptoms before and i wasn't PG so i think im going to hold of for a while. Maybe test next week or something, as im thinking of taking some supplement type things and i need to make sure im not pg to take them so will wait till then i reckon to test.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Rachy- welcome! Sounds like you need a bit of support. Can't believe any of your family or medical staff would even insinuate that you are suffering because you left your baby-making too late! My condescending friend said the same to me- like I should just go out and get knocked up by the first bloke who comes along!

Sounds like your staying positive and doing all thr right things- despite the unhelpful attitudes of others!

Poppy- I believe clomid should regulate your cycles- my fertility nurse expected me to ovulate around the same time this cycle as last. They also told me to BD every other day. We've accidentally been doing it every day so far- oops!

Summer- PMA!! Come on! First round of clomid is exciting- its not over til the, errrrm, fat (af) lady sings??

Faye- good dose of relaxing pma and I know what you mean about the pg tests! I also get annoyed with myself for wasting money when I do them at silly times!!

As for me, I'm on cd 13, BD'd every day since day 10! Might try to rest tomorrow and BD again on cd 15 (when I ovulated last cycle!). Lots of fingers crossed. But I'm gonna be so distraught if this doesn't work!
  • Options
    Wind sound slike youv got a good plan in place hun and if your ov and your pretty sure you know when then your in with a brilliant chance hun, i have my fingers, toes and everything crossed!!

I now have all the signs of AF turning up but just without AF!! Iv been having really bad cramps, low down and what i can only discribe as weird then shooting pains in my vagina!!! and a bit of creamy pinky tinge cm, and tender boobs!! I have never had these things before AF's arrives before....but i expect she is on her way! Which in one way is a good thing as that would be my second natural AF so things are looking up on that front i guess.

Hows everyone doing?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hello, Faye Ive got everything crossed for you I hope when you test its BFP that you so deserve! Well done also for trying to take a relaxed approach, its so hard cos even when im trying the relaxed approaach im still constantly thinking about it ha ha

thanks for the advice windy. Going off last month I should of ov'd on friday we bd every day form last sat til tues then had to have a day off on wed (im not as young as i used to be ha ha) then we bd every other day since then so now its the famous 2ww! I do have a god feeling this time but trying not to think about it, hope you are lucky this month an you too get your well desrved BFP! xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies how are you doing?

Nice to see this thread busy.

Missshell any news? Has af stayed away?

How about you Faye, have you tested yet or will you just wait?Must say your symptoms sound good.When I was pg my symptoms where same like you describe, cramps like af i son the way, sore (.)(.) and lots of creamy cm - sorry if tmi! Fingers crossed for you xx

Windy well done on bd tactic, really hope it works image

Hanna sounds like you are in for a good chance this month, how is it going? Any symptoms?

Rachey I also have endo and although it has not affected vital parts according to a gynea it can interfire with conception (on a chemical/molecular level) doctors don't seem to know excatly why or how.

But it is not impossible of course to get pg. So good luck, hope you find this place useful.

Poppy how are you doing on your 2 ww? I am cd21 today. Been peeing loads, and although I am not ss, I can't not notie this lol Mind you it has been quie hot and I'd been drinking loads of water image

Tash hope you are having a lovely holiday, you might come back with a bfp image

Don't let the docs fob you off, insist on getting a referral

I live in the Germany at the mo, and I can not belive the care you receive here compering to UK.

XXX
  • Options
    Poppy lovely seems like youv covered all basis...I have my fingers crossed.

How are you summer? How do you like Germany? I was a pad brat and i was born out in Germany i loved it as a child.

xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Have any of you had a delayed period with clomid? I was due AF on Friday and no sign of the witch! Aaargh this is so frustrating. I don't think I'm pregnant as tests so far have been negative (I've done 2 tests).
  • Options
    Babyluvuk, do you know if you defo ovulated?

If you did do you know when you ovulated?

If clomid doesn't make you ovulate then you won't get a period. But if youv ovulated and tests say neg it maybe too early hun

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Faye

Yes I'm pretty sure I ov'd as I had a + ov stick and ov pain, this was on cd13. But now you've got me thinking...... I don't do temps as I find it makes me more anxious about ttc so I can't be 100 percent sure.

I rang the clinic I'm under yesterday for advice and we agreed to wait until Friday to see if it arrives. If not I have to call them back. Not sure what they'll do next???

I read clomid can give false negatives so my fingers are still crossed! Thanks for the advice, how are things with you?
  • Options
    What cd you on at the mo lovely?

It will take at least dpo9 if not way further on to pick up a pos pg test hun. So you may well be testing early.

I think opks are pretty acurate if they show a pos stick. I dont knwo too much about them only using them once. But id agree with what the clinic said wait till friday and maybe test again hunny. Fingers crossed xxxxxx
  • Options
    hi ladies...back to CD1 for me, no big surprise. Coming home from hols tomorrow and making appt to see doc (again). Ive had bloods a few months ago which were fine. Was basically sent away and told to be patient. AT 41 !!! Anyway, do you have any advice for me as to what to say to docs to get them to do more. I feel I should be refd to gynie. I know im too old to get IVF etc on the NHS but I just want to know that there isnt anything stopping me getting my BFP that could maybe be sorted. I suppose it could just be my age but want them to check. Hope everyone is well and wishing you all good luck. Tracy xxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Isn't it about time someone had some good news? Give some hope to the rest of us!

I'm on CD 8 and about to embark on the BD marathon! Feeling positive this month so fingers crossed. xx
  • Options
    Hey ladies,

Hope you are all well.

Tash really sorry. CD 1 sucks always image hope that you get the referral to gynea. Do insist!

Babyluv hope af stays away. I hope that Clomid does'nt change cycle lenght, as that would drive me mad. Hopefully you are late for all the right resonsimage Maybe clinic will do a blood test to either confirm or eliminate pg.

Good luck, hope it is a good news!

Faye life here is really good. we live on the edge of the very beautiful city, so I get a right balance of nature/urban environment. Standard of living seems higher and medical care is just incredible. This is why I am really hoping to be pg whilst here.

I do find living on the 'patch' bit claustrophobic though, as we lived in our own house in the UK.

Where abouts did you live in Germany? Do you remember much of life there?

Back to ttc, how are you feeling? Has af stayed away?

Hollie well done fpr pma, happy bding image

Baby dust to all!

xxx
  • Options
    Tracey if you are over 35 they should do investigations after 6 months. So push them and say you want more bloods done, maybe a lap and dye or hsg to check your tubes aren't blocked etc and that you want them sorted now!!! Sometimes i think you need to be pushy.

Hollie i know... we need another bfp soon!! hahaha mind you i think most of the girls on here seem to be at the beinning or middle of their cycle!! So might be waiting a little while!!!

Wow summer sounds like a lovely place in Germany you live. I was born in Iserlohn, lived in Hanover, Dortmound and i think a few other places. I loved growing up there! Great life. A few wives i know that have been posted back to uk from Germany loved it out there. I know what you mean about the claustrophobic bit!! Its like that here sometimes.

Well naughty silly me i went home via the pharmacy and bought 2 FR tests, as i thought i will test later in the week....but and this is why i dont ever buy tests as i have no will power not to use them when i have them in the house!! So yes silly me I did a test when i got in from work!! It was BFN which i am gutted about, but not suprised. I now am just thinking wtf are the constant period type pains im having, the sore boobs and nausea are all about!! I dont knwo why i even thought for a second i might be pg.......i doubt im even ovulating! But i guess it was just wishful thinking....gotta be honest my PMA is rock bottom now. I just wonder what the point is as it looks like im still not ov, not really getting regular AF's....so how am i ever going to get pg.

Sorry girls im sounding like a right misery!!! Im just not sure where i can go from here...i just feel like im waiting around till the lap and dye and ov drilling, and there's not alot of point ttc properly till after the op. image

I hope everyone is fairing up better than i am!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Awww Faye. I'm sorry you're feeling rubbish. This TTC business is pretty crap really isn't it? Some days I feel so positive that it'll work soon and other days I'm convinced that I will never have a baby. Life is so cruel sometimes. We all know what you're going through.

How long do u have to wait till the ov drilling.

Chin up hun. xxx
  • Options
    Aw Im sorry you're feeling down Faye. and you're always there for us with your sound advice, its just not fair life is it! But don't lose faith you just never know you may get lucky by just not even trying. Its the hardest thing in the world to say to yourself you're not trying (I can't do it it never leaves my mind!) sorry I can't think of anything useful to say but we all know how you feel and I'll say a little that something will happen for you soon xxxxxxxxxx