Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FRUSTRATION

2»

Replies

• Options
    Thanks wooh- think im still in the depressed stage at the moment. I went to my docs 6 months ago saying i think i have pcos and he just fobbed me off saying you cant have your thin. So im glad i tried another dr and now i have an answer x
  • Options

I'm just the same as you - told over and over that, whilst I had cysts on my ovaries, I couldn't have the syndrome because I was slim. Infuriating!!! Read my post I made about it image
    http://www.babyexpert.com/forum/polycystic-ovary-syndrome/you-cant-have-pcos-because-youre-slimor-so-i-was-told/194337.html

Really hope you feel better soon - you just have to find something positive to focus on. I'm on Clomid now. Often the next step for many pcos ladies is having to take Metformin, usually because insulin levels can be affected if pcos and overweight. But I know the chances of me having to go through more medication is slimmer (although I realise I might have to swap meds if Clomid doesn't work just right). Yes, it's a tiny detail but BUT look on the bright side. I've found it helps image xxx

• Options
    I will need to start trying to think positive. It just seems so unfair doesnt it. Have you had any side effects from clomid? X
  • Options

I got a few spots and a couple of headaches but other than that, nothing! There was a large possibility I ovulated 2 eggs out because of the Clomid but I don't suppose that's a downside, just a slight risk image xx

• Options
    Oh no i wouldnt say thats a downside- you would just have your work cut out image

Will let you know how i get on when i go to the docs. Keep me posted on how your doing-its comforting to know your not the only one x
  • Options

Well, I found out today that I have ovulated, my womb lining has finally thickened up and that we did bd at pretty much an ideal time. BUT I've got a stupid big fluid-filled cyst that has collapsed out after popping the egg. It's 5cm!!! Oh my goodness. Looked scary on the scan but she said it's nothing to worry about.

The only problem is that it could rupture, which would be really painful. Also, if it hasn't expelled with my next period, then I won't be able to take Clomid during the next cycle. Clomid will cause the cyst will get bigger and dominate my ovary, making it really hard for a new follicle to grow, as well as making it hard to see what is a follicle and what is a cyst. So another month lost....grrrr. 

Trying to stay positive though.........and praying and hoping with everything I have that maybe an egg did get fertilised this time. I might get some luck one day, you never know! image

• Options
    Will keep my fingers crossed for you! I cant beleive how many obstacles there are just to get pregnant! Seems like everyone else does straight away. X
  • Options

So, I am totally in the same boat as you! Dh & I are married, been ttc for 29 months & nothing. My bestfriend just had her first baby TODAY about 8 hours ago & I feel like crying because I was the one that had the husband & everything in life lined up for me! Then all of a sudden, she texts me last July saying she's pregnant & getting married. ARE YOU SERIOUS? I love her to death, to this day but I told her I envied her! I am super happy for her but I always think, why can't that be me? Everytime I hear a women says she's pregnant, I'm just thinking shoot me? now? I always think it's my fault when another cycle goes by and nothings happened. Just like you said, we women are supposed to be powerful & strong but when we cant do the ONE thing we were made for, what can we think? It's all our fault. Anyways!!! Hubby has low sperm count & looking to start using Zita West Vitamen for that. I hope you someday (soon!) get your bfp you're oh so wishing for because frankly, i know that's what we all want! Just like Missbexy13 said, it seems like everyone gets pregnant right away & here we are just hoping for that bfp how many months later?

Baby dust to all xoxo