Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Are there any good books that can help?

Hi, Has anyone read any books about miscarriages that have helped you? When I was pregnant and after giving birth to my lo I loved books like Jools Olivers minus nine to one and the book 'the yummy mummys survial guide' - real womans accounts of birth and looking after babies etc I really want to read a good book on getting over a miscarriage and don't really want to read a scientific medical book - unless there is a really good one you have found that helped you? Any recomendations?

Replies

• Options
    I have been recommended two: 'Silent Sorrow' by ingrid Kohn and 'Hidden Loss' by Valerie Hey. Have ordered them from amazon, though I've had ectopic I think the feelings of loss are the same as an mc.
  • Options
    Hi,
    Sorry for a late reply I had to go find the book that helped us. I looked all over Amazon. It's called 'Surviving Miscarrige-You are not alone' by Syacey Mc Laughlin Ph.D
    Found it incredibly helpful but took me a while to want to read it-if that makes sense? The lady who wrote it went through more than 1 miscarrige and uses her experiences and medical/psychological background to explain how you're feeling. Like the 5 stages of healing.
    I found it really useful as it wasn't overly medical and reflected what we were going though and I would reccomend it. Hth and am always around to help. Bx
  • Options
    Hi - thanks i will look up those. I feel i want to read a book on it to help me know what i have gone through and what I am still going through. I also want to get my head ready to start ttc again.
    I did a pregnancy diary of my whole pregnancy with my ds and I had been doing a diary of this pregnancy - i finished it last night by writing about the miscarriage. It was hard to write but I needed to write down my experiences and feelings - it really helped.
  • Options
    I did the same thing and have kept everything in a box with his name on and that helped me and oh so much but took a long time to do.
    Hope the book helps and like I say am often about if you want to chat or anything. Take care Bx