Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am i loosing our bean? (TMI)

hi ladies, sorry to post a not so happy topic but i need some honest answers and know this is the place to find them! ill explain my story so far....

i found out i was pg 3 weeks ago, last wednesday i started bleeding, just spotting at first gradually getting heavier, but it kept stopping and starting, i was referred to EPAU for an early scan which i had on tuesday morning. At the scan the women said i am measuring 6weeks, she said the sac was in the right place, my overis looked good and that the bleeding WASNT coming from the sac but she didnt know where it was coming from, she said in her opinion it was just too early for heartbeat and to come back in 2 weeks. since then my bleeding has got heavier and there are now small clots. the clots are deep red and wen squished (sorry TMI) they are just blood. i have rung the EPAU and they were useless!

what i was wanting to know is does this sound like the start of a miscarrage? could i have these small clots and everything still be okay?could the clots just be a build up of blood? im just confused and want some straight answers tbh. if this is a miscarrage when will it all hapen?what will the sac look like?iv researched it on the internet but get so many different stories i dont know what to believe! also i already have 2 dd's and have never miscarried before, is this common?

thank you ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    I can't answer all of your questions I'm afraid. But from being on this site, I can say that miracles do happen. Obviously you know there is a strong possibility you are losing your bean, otherwise you wouldn't have posted. But I have heard of ladies bleeding, and it still being ok.

It is possible to miscarry at any time. There is no set pattern I'm afraid. I didn't mc naturally, so can't tell you any details of what it looked like.

It's possible to mc during any pg. By that I mean, sometimes the egg and sperm just do not splice together properly. The body gets rid of that embryo. Just because you have had a healthy baby, doesn't mean you won't mc, and just because you mc doesn't mean next time it won't be a healthy baby.

I had a scan at 6 weeks, with no hb seen, then at 8 weeks there it was flickering away. I'm nearly 17 weeks pg now.

I hope that helps a little. Although obviously nothing really can make you feel better at the moment.

I have my fingers crossed for bean.xx
  • Options
    thanks for your reply, and congrats on your pregnancy, glad its all going well image

its very hard not to worry and think the worst, but im hanging in there! thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Believe me I know how hard it is not to worry. Luckily, because my dr wasn't convinced in the early days I wasn't having an ectopic pg. (I knew it wasn't!). She sent me for an early scan, that led to another early scan, and we had a private scan at 10 weeks. So I'm almost convinced at 16+6 with a bit of a bump, that all is going to be ok! lol

Hold on to a little bit of hope, and fingers crossed. xx
  • Options
    lol, i guess its only natural to worry. my bleeding has slowed down and the clots have stopped now so *touch wood* everything is getting back to normal. thanks image xxx