Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Having a bad day!

Hi everyone,

Just having one of those bad days that I seem to get every now and again!

I suffered a mmc in Dec 07 and had erpc on 27th Dec. Have had one af since and am currently awaiting my next. I thought it would be here by now but did a test this morning and it came back bfn! I am so completely gutted and I really didn't think I would be like this. Thought I was getting stronger, its awful that one little set back can knock me back down so easily.

My first af following the mmc was very different to usual. To be expected I suppose. It started on day 34 (Which is normal for me) with light bleeding, that lasted for 5 days. That eventually slowed and then the following day came back extremely heavy and lasted a further 5 days. 10 whole days of bleeding was not normal for me. Because of this I don't know which day was cd 1???? Was it the first or second lot of bleeding. If it was the first lot then I'm now on day 40 with still no sign of af! If it was the second lot my last cycle would have been 39 days and now I would only be on day 35, so too early to test although still probably not pregnant as would have completely missed ov!

I was so pleased when First af arrived as it meant that things were starting to get back to normal, especially as it was near enough to the day that my cycles were before. I am now so worried that my body is not back to normal at all and that it may never get that way. More than anything I wish that if I can't get bfp this month then I do get my af so I can stop worrying about this so much.

I so want to see that positive result before the due date arrives for the baby that we lost, this sounds desperate I know and I suppose that if it doesn't happen by then we will just keep on trying.

Today is a bad day - Just wondering if anyone out there has any advice at all on periods after mc. Has anyone had their first af being relatively normal and then seemingly disapear? Did your cycles get longer following a mc? Any advice would be great. Thanks xxx

[Modified by: shrewpin on 09 March 2008 16:58:19 ]

Replies

• Options
    Heya
    sorry to hear of your loss. I too have hab a mmc. I found out on 30th Jan and had the baby naturally on 1st feb. I too have times when I'm feeling strong and then all of a sudden everything seems really hard. In work last week we were told about a new computer system we were having installed and I burst out crying. I just can't get back to my normal routine as I feel so empty without my baby.
    I still have'nt had an af yet and in the last 10 days I have had 4 bfns!! I am so desperate to be pg again cos I just feel so empty with no baby inside me. Nothing can ever replace the baby I lost but being pg would at least help.
    The waiting for an af or bfp is so hard and I like you just want to know either way!
    I hope you find out soon.
    If you wanna talk more e-mail me or I'm on msn.
    Take Care
    xx
  • Options
    hey x

so sorry to hear of your loss, i wanted to tell you my experience to see if it could bring you a little hope. i also had a missed miscarriage and only found out after 3weeks after my baby had died, it was the most heart hurting thing we have ever been through. how did i not know something was wrong etc? i too thought that if i fell pg again before my babys due date i would be fine, i still felt i was living each day as if i was still pg, like i would have felt my baby move by now, id be massive by now, etc. well my periods were all over the place for months after my mmc and i hoped every month i would be pg and was bitterly disappointed when i wasnt. i decided if i didnt fall pg before my due date of my last baby id stop trying for 6 months as i felt it was taking over my life a bit, and it wasnt fair to my partner or to me to put ourselves through that every month. i had just about given up as i waited for my period to start so i could go back on the pill even to see if that would regulate my periods a bit i found out i was pg!!! i am now 8 weeks and im terrified, every twinge every niggle i am going to the loo to see if im bleeding, i am having scans every week to monitor me to put my mind at rest and it does the minute i see it on the scan but after i am scared again till the next week when i see it, im living for every monday morning right now just to see if my babys heart is still beating!! there is nothing anyone can say to make me relax, now ive got it in my head my baby will be fine if i just see it every week, i have everything crossed that all will be ok but the memories of what we went through the last time are still very raw, i feel as if im cheating this baby out of a happy relaxing pregnancy, but this is the only way i can get through right now. it will happen for you, probably when you least expect it, i hope i have been of some help and i hope you can learn to relax a bit better than me lol but hey ho thats what mothers do isnt it? worry worry worry xx take care and i hope you get what you want xx