Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Joining you :cry:

Hi ladies - I'm joining your board as on Tuesday I was told that I had a missed miscarriage - I was having my normal 12 week scan and thought I should have been 12+3 however no heartbeat was found and the baby measured 9 weeks.
Had a brief look through the board and it appears I have similar dates to lots of you.

I have opted to have the ERPC as I think i might find to manage naturally would be too distressing. This was my first pregnancy and hoping to try again very soon.

Did any of you have the ERPC? If you don't mind me asking What was the recovery time and post op bleeding like?? I have so far had no pain or bleeding,

Thanks Sue xx
Think i might also post on TTC after miscarriage as that seems a busier board.

Replies

• Options
    Hope everything goes as well as it can do, so sorry for your loss.

Charlotte x x
  • Options
    Hi hun, I am so sorry for you hun. I was exactly like you. went for my 12 week scan 2 weeks ago today and they found the baby was only 9 weeks and no heartbeat, I was distraught and it brought on my miscarriage that evening and it took three days for baby to leave me. I was rushed to hospital on the sunday where the remainder of my baby was in neck of my womb, the midwife removed it immediately as I was in so much distress and pain. Im not sure if that the same as ERPC as I was not put to sleep only gas and air and it took about 10 mins.
    I can say that its been 12 days since this happened and my bleeding has stopped and we have started trying again straight away.

I continued to take my folic acid and vitamins and have started eating very healthily. Also took 2 weeks of work and just rested as my main goal was to stop bleeding and be able to try again ASAP.

it has been hard and I feel like my world has collapsed and I still have moments of feeling lost.

if you need any help or anything im here for you.

good luck and I hope you a very speedy recovery.

xx