Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

is there always pain with m/c

Hi...

im rather confused and thought that you did. i have now been bleeding since saturday at first it was very light and brown in colour i went to the hospital and they did a another PT wich came back positive. they also took a urine sample she booked me in to the EPU and i had a scan she showed me the yolk sack is it? and said by the size of that i should be 5 or 6 weeks however i thought i was 8 weeks? so either i have my dates mixed up or sadly my baby stopped devveloping image i was told to go back in 3 weeks howver from saturday through to tonight i have been bleeding and have passed some small clots its more red in colour aswell. i havent really ezperienced any pain tho, im having another scan on monday and im dreading the result the waiting is terrible and just want to know now...

im only 18 and this is my 1st and also me and the father are not together allthough he is incredibly supportive sometimes i iwsh i had my partner back anyway any info would be so appreciated thanks xximage

Replies

• Options
    Hi Katie,
    Firstly sorry for your loss. I have had two MCs so I know how confused and hurt you must be feeling. Anyway, in response to your question, GENERALLY speaking yes a woman has pain during a MC, but no two women are the same, just as no two MCs are the same.
    As your blood flow has got heavier and youre now passing clots, I would say that you are indeed having a miscarriage. I think this corresponds to the fact that the baby measured 2/3 weeks smaller than he/she shouldve been.
    I just want you to know that its not your fault. Theres nothing that you could have done to prevent this, its nature being a bitch, unfortunately.
    I myself had a MC and then went on to have a baby girl, then had another MC and am now 6 weeks pregnant again.
    Id still go to the scan on Monday to be assessed, just take time to heal and lean on your ex, its so good that hes being supportive. xx
  • Options
    Hello,

Sorry to hear what you are going through! I had a missed miscarriage 3 weeks ago, I thought I should of been 13 weeks pregnant, but the scan showed no baby & a sac measuring 7 weeks. I had no pain or bleeding, so it was unexpected! I had the ERPC 18 days ago, & have just stopped bleeding!

Let us know how you go on at your scan, it really helps to talk to other people who've been through the same thing!

xxx
  • Options
    Hi Katie, I'm so sorry to hear what is happening. I'm the same as butterfly, had a missed mc 2 weeks ago, which was a complete shock as I hadn't had any pain or bleeding and also had an erpc 12 days ago, but I think in most cases there is some amount of pain when you are having a mc, so don't give up hope just yet. Please let us know how you get on at your scan today, and know that we're all here if you need us. I found this site a godsend last week, its so comforting to be able to talk to other ladies who understand exactly how you are feeling and what you are going through, so don't feel that you are alone in this.

Love and hugs,

Caroline xxx
  • Options
    Aw hun I am so sorry and hope you are ok. I had a natural mc at 5.5 weeks in July I had no pain and I too started with some light brown blood which progressed to heavy bleeding in about an hour I had no pain but it was very clotted and upsetting. There is nothing I can say to make you feel better right now but it will get easier and we are all here for you what ever you need xx
  • Options
    hello - sending lots of love your way xxx

i mc 2 weeks ago - i had a terrible amount of pain ( i later discovered they were labour type pains, where my womb was contracting)...the pain lasted 3 hours, i bled loads then and then it all stopped.

xxxx
  • Options
    hi

i had a mmc found out at 12 week scan, a week later i started bleeding and ending up in severe pain and in hospital, they gave me gas and air which helped. the worst of it was over in 1 day but was horrific. they used a device to get the baby out when i was in hospital (i dont know what the procedure is called) but there was so much blood iv never seen anything like it!

i couldnt cope at home when the worst was happening but at hospital they nurses were very good and helpful! thank god for gas and air!its amazing!

ashy x
  • Options
    well it turned out it was a m/c and i was absolutely devastated deep down i think i knew but when the hospital tells you kinda makes it real just hard to believe as i did everything right that they tell you to do.. image hopefully it will get better in time... such a horrible thing to go through... thankyou for all your advice and support though really helped

• Options
    well it turned out it was a m/c and i was absolutely devastated deep down i think i knew but when the hospital tells you kinda makes it real just hard to believe as i did everything right that they tell you to do.. image hopefully it will get better in time... such a horrible thing to go through... thankyou for all your advice and support though really helped

X

Katie, I am so sorry to hear that. I mc'd about 6 weeks ago now, so if you need to talk or have any questions, give me a shout hunny. xxx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about youre loss !
    i'm expieriencing the same thing hun,
    woke up this morning with light brownish blood and went to Swindon Hospital as I started to bleed but with no pains at all , so the lady I saw said that was a good sighn but i'm not so convinced!
    I haven't expierienced this before so I am terrified,
    Booked in for a scan tomorrow so hopefully I know some more sense,
    Just wish I knew whats going on..... x x x :\?
  • Options
    hi guys... just thought id post a little message saying thanks everything in this forum really helped me and im eternally greatful 4 your kind words!! lots of love x
  • Options
    Really really sorry to hear your news.

I still find it hard to believe that I had an MC nearly 3 wks ago.
    I was in shock at finding out that I might be pregnant and then having to go through the MC.

I seemed to be ok but then unexpectedly found myself crying the Saturday after we'd been to the hospital on the Thursday.
    I am finding it hard to believe that its really happened.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that it will get easier - give yourself time and don't force yourself.... Lean on friends for support or the forum. Try not to bottle it up.

• Options
    its so hard to come to terms with it but with supportive people and sites like this it makes u realise your not alone! sorry for ur loss sweetie! anyone need anything my MSN is x-katiec-x@hotmail.co.uk any1 want anything just add that image xx