Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Lost our little Grape, what do we do next??

Well, I don't really know where to start.

We were overjoyed last month when we found out we was expecting! unfortunatly fate has dealt us a nasty blow.

After fainting on Easter Monday I started spotting, I rang my Midwife, who said to go for a scan (9/04/10) Here we were told the the Gestational sac had developed well but our dates must be out because there was no baby, only what the EPAU nurse would describe as matter (should have been approx 9 weeks) I was told not to worry & come back in 10 days to check our progress!!

Well on Tuesday night I started getting nasty cramps & heavy bleeding, I rang the hospital as we were a little concerned about how much blood I had been losing (a full towel every hour) & if there was anything I should be doing. I was told most women take a couple of paracetamol & stay at home!! Well to cut a long story short & to spare you all the details, the cramps eventually eased about 8pm wednesday night.

After loads of tears came all the questions:
Why?
When?
Was it something I did?
Was it something I didn't do?

Really all I want to know is 'Am I wrong to be wanting to try again so soon?' :\?

Any advice is gratefully received.

Thanx xxx

Replies

• Options
    first of all so sorry you had this experience all ladies here know only too well what its like.you can try as soon as you well enough and fell up tp it.but dont be surprised if it doesnt happen for about three months.you could be lucky but the body needs time for hormones etc to go to base (ie negative hpt)before you can concieve again realistically.in the mean time build yourself up and look after yourself.you did nothing wrong its just nature she really can be a cowxxxxxxx