Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Heartbroken! Scan this morning fine, scan later nothing!

Ive suffered a misscarriage today. I cant tell tell you the loss I feel right now. I started bleeding on Monday when I left work and went straight to A and E. Had a scan all OK. Went home relived. I was still spotting brown but was told it was normal.Last night I bled red blood. I called EPU and they told me to come in. I had a scan this morning and took my daughter with me as husbmad was in a meeting, she is only nearly 3 so doesnt understand, Any way the sonographer told me that I was 7 weeks and baby has a heartbeat and all OK. I was estatic. She told me it was probably breakthrough bleeding. Anyway I get home and im bleeding heavily, but felt daft ringing again and baby was fine. I went to the toilet and passed a clot. I called EPU and they told me it was probably a build up of blood around the uterous. She said come in if it eases your mind but everything is fine. I called husband and he came with me. We sat in scan room and I felt a little daft as the scan woman gave me a funny look to say "why is she here again". When i was being scanned I could tell something was wrong by the time it was taking. She said im so sorry but there is nothing there anymore, I said but it was this morning!! She said sometimes they just cant tell.
Im absolutely devestated, I had all this year planned and was looking forward to my Xmas baby. My little girl keeps asking why mummy is crying and I dont know what to say??:cry:

Replies

• Options
    Oh Sweetheart, I'm really sorry for your loss. I had an ectopic in Feb, so I can totally understand the feeling of loss and constant crying. It's a terrible thing to happen, and a horrible situation to explain to young children.

I don't know what else to say other than to reassure you that it does get easier.

Love and hugs xxx
  • Options
    hi ya hun i too had a misscarriage on monday had bleeding followed by p[ain found out it was misscarriage kids keep asking about baby its so hard i know how you feel hun my love is with you xx
  • Options
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, i had a MC 3 weeks ago. Its very hard when you have a little one around to be cheerful for when its the last thing you feel xx