Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My missed miscarriage...

Hi all
Feel ready to talk about my miscarriage now. Sorry if it is upsettng to read, i guess it may help some of youif you have been trhough similar. I went for my normal 12 week scan on new years eve, all excited and expecting to see my baby. When i got there we had to wait ages as normal scanographer was sick. When we finally went in lady was grumpy and told us to be quiet so she could concentrate! i was terrified cause she took ages, finally she said i can't see anything, your dates might be wrong and asked to do an internal. She did this and then said i can see small embryo but no heartbeat. She really wasn;t very clear and i eventually had to say are you telling me my baby's dead. It was horrible. After that all the other ladies were much nicer and explained to us the baby had stopped growing at about week 8. They talked through our options and i decided to have erpc. I had this done yesterday and i don't feel too bad now, just a few period type pains and not much bleeding (now i'm worried their should be more bleeding!) I do feel quite positive and want to start trying again as soon as we can. We would both like to try straight away before waiting for period as feel it's a positive step but not sure if i should wait?
Take care and so sorry for anyone else that this has happaned to, at least its reasurring to know we are not alone x

Replies

• Options
    Hi honey so sorry for ur loss, god this ttc and mc is tricky business!
    i'm having the opposite problem and don't seem to be able to stop bleeding but i'm having to wait for it to happen naturally as wasn't given any other options!
    As for ttc again if u want go ahead straight away i'm intending to!!!
    xxxxx
  • Options
    I had a mc last month at 6 weeks and was told i could ttc once the bleeding had stopped. The only reason they say to wait for your period is so it makes it easier to date the pregnancy. You ov about 2 weeks after bleeding stops so you can get pregnant before your next af.

Good luck hon and sorry for your loss *hugs*
  • Options
    Hi
    thanks guys looks like i will see you all in ttc forum then! lets hope 2008 is lucky for us all!! (sooner rather than later!!)
  • Options
    Hi

I had a D&C last week after finding out the week before Christmas that I had suffered a missed miscarriage. I am nearly 39yrs old and this was my first pregnancy and am totally devastated as I feel this was the only chance I have of being a Mum. Also I'm finding that now I've had the D&C I'm meant to "get on" with life, but How? Any advise would be appreciated.

And I send my love to all of you out there who have experienced a miscarriage.

• Options
    II WAS BLEEDING LAST NIGHT WENT TO HOSPITAL TODAY AND IT iS VERY BAD NEWS THE DID A SCAN AND SAID BABY IS 7 WEEKS 3DAYS AND as no heart beet i was so sad im ment to be 13weeks 3days i dont understand y it happend and y i didnt bleed at 7 weeks if thats wen my lil baby died.i cnt get over this please i need sum suport
    i want it to b a dream
  • Options
    Hi Poppy

I went through exactly the same on New Years Eve but opted to take the tablets instead of D&C. I felt quite strong about doing it that way as initally, I was waiting for it to happen naturally, but all I got was a bit of spotting. However, I ended up having contractions for over 24 hours and lost a lot of blood. It was the worst experience of my life and it only feels like I'm now realising what has happened.
    Like Caz4Mark - I want it to be a bad dream.... but know that it's not!!!

I would definately wait until you have had one cycle before trying again as you need to wait for your hormones to go back to normal and for the lining of your womb to sort itself out. As I plan to start trying again ASAP my doctor has also advised me to continue taking Pregnacare.

Love Donna xxxx
  • Options
    Hi, Like you I went for my 12 weeks scan on the 30th November to be told that the baby had died at 8 weeks. I opted to have an erpc on Dec 3rd.
    I am now still waiting for my periods to return 6 weeks on... Does anyone know if this is usual? I am thinking about going to the GP to see if it is as I'm anxious to start again.
  • Options
    Dear All

It is devastating to suffer a miscarriage at all, but to suffer a missed miscarriage can be soul destroying. I like most of you did not know that anything was wrong, I have now had 3 missed miscarriages followed by 3 D&C's. It doesn;t get any easier with the more that you have.

I am now pregnant again for the 5th time. I had a daughter on my first pregnancy and had the miscarriages in my subsequent ones. To say that I am paranoid is an understatement. I am constantly in pain so this does not make matters any easier, I have also had a couple of light bleeds.

Due to my history I am being scanned early, in fact I am being scanned on Tuesday. I don;t know if I want to know what is happening as at the moment I am so happy that I am pregnant again. But you have to remain hopeful and somehow there will be a way forward.

Having the help of friends and family is a godsend. I would say that talking about your loss is better than keeping it all in. I did that after my first miscarriage and fell apart on the first anniversary of the miscarriage. Although it may be hard for others, share your grief rather than keep it to yourself
  • Options
    Hi, can I please ask what an erpc is? I went into a&e thisweek with pains and they think i have had a missed miscarriage. im suppose to be 12 weeks and only measuring 5-6 weeks. ive got to have a scan in ten days to see if baby grown. im preparing myself for the worst cos anything else will be a bonus. just wondered what d&c is and erpc.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Hi, I just wanted to say how sorry I am to all of you who have suffered miscarriages. I wish all of you the best of luck in TTC, I hope 2008 is your year.

LisaD, an ERPC is an "Evacuation of Retained Products of Conception" and a D&C is "Dilation & Curretage". They are both basically the same thing an involve going to theatre and having the pregnancy or retained products removed by suction. It is also often referred to as a scrape. I hope you don't mind me answering this for you, it's only because I am a gynae nurse I am able to answer this for you.

All the best to you all xxx
  • Options
    No, course i dont mind. Thanks. Im hoping they have got my dates wrong and I am in fact 5/6 weeks on. I certainly dont think i am 12 weeks but who knows!
    Thanksxx
  • Options
    I hope so too, keeping my fingers crossed for you! Lots of Love & Luck xxxxx
  • Options
    hya sorry 2 ere abut ur loss chick i hav bein thru th sme thin i went 4 my 13 week scan and found oot i wa pregant wif twins but no heart beat i was tottaly gutted as u can imagine ,, th doctrs wernt much help 2 me either but i decided 2 wait 4 mine 2 cum oot naturrly witch thy did becasue th scan showed tht my womb was ready t collapse .. so ur nt on ur on hun ok x