Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnancy after a miscarriage

Hi everyone,
I am new to this but found this site while looking for support after miscarriages and i nver have had the right support so if anyone has been in the same stiuation or just any advice that would be really nice.
I had a miscarriage in Feb and then went on the pill but got pregnant again in august. I then went on to have another miscarriage at 5 weeks the same as before that was on the 13th August i still have not had a period.

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me if you need to have another period before you can get pregnant again and if you are more fertile after a miscarriage? and if anyone has been in a similar situation does it increase the risk after two of another one

Hope to hear from someone.xx

[Modified by: beenie07 on 13 October 2008 14:46:54 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hi sorry to hear about your MC's!

I had my first MC 6 weeks ago!

You don't have to have a period to get preg. but some people don't OV after MC! I'm still waiting for my first period after my MC, it's been 38 days for me!!

Have you done a preg test? The 13th August was queit a while away!!

They say that if you've had a MC, the chances of it happening again as the same as everyone else!! So it doesn't increase!!

Hope your ok hun xxx
  • Options
    Thanx Butterfly

I am very sorry to hear about your MC to it is a very hard time and it just gives you that feeling why me?

Do you think it would be a good idea to do a pregnancy test? i am just not sure what to do at the moment.

Thanx for taking time to write to me, it is good to get support from others that have been through it too. I hope all goes okay for you.
    xxx
  • Options
    I would do a test if I was you! It's been nearly 9 weeks for you!!!

I did a test last monday, it was a BFN, which was queit a relief to find out all the HCG had gone from MC! So I'm going to test thursday, if it's a BFP, then I'll know 100 % it's a new pregnancy!! That'll be 41 days since MC.

It's a big why me, but you just have to get on with it! Everything happens for a reason, & our time will come!!!!

xxx
  • Options
    Yeah you are right thanx i feel alot better.

I hope thursday goes okay for you let me know and i will update you if i have any good news.xxx
  • Options
    Make sure you do!!! It would be great to hear some good news!! Gives us all some hope!!

I'll keep you updated, I think the witch is going to find me on wednesday!! But you never know!!!!

xxx
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear about your mc! in response to ur question yes you can get pregnant straight after a miscarriage, i am currently 15 weeks pregnant, with no period after a miscarriage! i lost a pregnancy @ 12 weeks, though ultrasound determined that the baby had died a few wks earlier, i passed the products of conception as the hospital put it, and my hubs and i decided that we'd try straight away, and that this would be our last attempt (we have 3 children already and this was our 2nd mc this yr) and luckily we were successful and so far have a healthy pegnancy!!! i wish you all the luck in the world, and send you lots of baby dust!!! stay positive, i know it's hard sometimes, but it will happen!!! best wishes rachie xx
  • Options
    Thanks Rachie, it gives me a positive feeling now i don't want to get my hopes up but i am hoping it would really make me so happy. Its just scary i don't want it to happen again and it is just to difficult to wait i think.

But i guess you felt exaclty the same i only get these worries because i think two in a row in such a short amount of time just doesn't feel to me i am unlucky it feels like that is an underlying problem but i am not sure whether to do a test i am just nervous don't want to do it and it be negative.
    Thanx so much for your message and support it really helps to talk to people that understand and give me support because you just don't get it from the medical side when i was going through the 2nd one my midwife was away which was hard as she was really good, all they said to me was take painkillers and thats it no support or reassurance. Hope all goes well with your pregnancy keep in touch and i hope to have soe good news of my own soon.xxx
  • Options
    We lost our first baby 2 years ago this week. When it happened I had no one to talk to as my midwife was on holiday. I really wish I had found this website as the support and positivity here is great. Took me a long time to realise that I didn't do anything wrong, that God hadn't singled me out but it had happened for a reason. Ended up being signed off work as my Grandmother passed away the week after our MC but it did give me time to sort my head out. A year later we got pregnant again. Don't know about anyone else but I was excited but petrified at the same time- if that makes sense? We spent the first 3 months going nowhere, telling no one and every pain made me think 'this is it here we go again'. Thankfully our little boy arrived safely (just) in July this year. Made me think about the baby we had lost and what life would have been like but I know it happened for a reason. If someone had told me two years ago life would be like this I would never have believed it. So I wish everyone the very, very best and just keep talking. x
  • Options
    i no exactly what you mean mum to 1 i have had 4misscarigdes in the last 18months and my last one was 8weeks ago and i was 20+weeks. I was petrified that something was going to happen so when i got to 12weeks i let my hair down a little and told every1 but then charlie ended up dien but i see now that i was just not quite ready and now me and my husband are having test done to find out the cause of the mc. I cant wait for the hospital to say right you can start trying again it seems like its all taking forever now and it makes it so much harder to move on when ever week the doctors or hospital remind you when you havin bloods or scans lol...

wbxxx
  • Options
    well im sorry for ur MC but the same happen to me i was 22 weeks pregnant with my first baby im only 19 so imagine how i feel but now im pregnant again 5 weeks now and its a possiblity im having twins but the doctor needs to run more test. i wish u all the best of luck .
  • Options
    Hi Love kids i am very sorry to hear that you went so far.
    I am 19 too so i can relate to you and it is awful to go through what we have.
    But i wish you the best a luck with you new pregnacy and i hope all goes well xx
  • Options
    hey beanie07 - what was the outcome of your test? xx
  • Options
    Hi Beenie!!

I waited & waited for AF, but she didn't show, & I got my BFP insted!!

I'm 6+3 now, had a scan yesterday, there was a little heartbeat there, & she said everything looked healthy!

So yes, you deffinatly can get preg straight after MC!! My MC was 9 weeks ago, so I got preg around 3 weeks after.

xxx
  • Options
    i waited almost 10 wks before my af turned up after mc. then get pg during the next cycle. im now about 8 or 9 wks and have a scan beginning of dec. good luck everyone.
  • Options
    Hi dlp01

I have just found out i am pregnant for the 3rd time, all different emotions atm, but early days i am just hoping for the best. Thanx for asking. xx
  • Options
    Congratulations beenie07. I am thrilled for you and wish you the best of luck.

bm xx
  • Options
    Thanks babymonkey, i am so happy. I just want it to be okay but i am just going to try and not think about it and hope for the best.
    Thats all you can doi.
    Thanks for your support.xxx
  • Options
    Hi beenie

Congratulations on your new pregnancy! I really, realy hope everything goes well this time and it's a sticky bean for you :\)

Take care, NN xx