Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Kittyboo/Sim75 - Brighter....

Kitty Boo and Sim 75...

Just wanted to update you both after your lovely supporting messages.

Week today it happened. And I have to say this morning was the first morning without that dark, pit in the stomach feeling. I got up with the sun streaming through the windows, had a shower and then wrapped up warm and took the dog out for a brisk, frosty walk. I felt different. Im more optimistic, yes Im still sad but Im looking forward.

Me and OH touched on TTC again and Im feeling very positive in doing this asap. Emotionally I think it may even help in some strange way? Im now just more concerned on the logistics - will BD hurt?!

Can I ask how both of you are and where youre at - ie, how long since MC, considering TTC again? How now feeling?

Anyway I wanted to share that Im brighter and I hope you are both having an "up" day. We have to look forward I guess as whats happened cant be changed, we can only learn and grow stronger because of it. Chatting with you guys REALLY helps me in the process so a big thank you.

Hugs xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hello my lovely,

I am so happy you feel more positive...it is such a leap to get there...well done x

I mc'd at 10 weeks pg. It will be 6 weeks tomorrow that I actually had the mc. I mc naturally, had many scans to confirm my womb was clear (apart from one little piece measuring 0.8mm, which they was not concerned about unless I got symptoms of infection like sickness, fever etc).

I bled for about 1 week after I mc'd and as soon as I stopped bleeding we started ttc again, I did not want to wait for one af (i checked with the mc association charity and they told me it was safe to bd straight away and the only reason your hospital will say wait for one af is bcos if you fell pg they wouldnt know your dates, but it is all rubbish bcos they can work out your dates with a scan).

I too feel that being pg again is all I want and it will help me emotionally (I dont want to replace my lost baby but i basically just want a baby!). Bd did not hurt at all. I was worried that the little piece which was left would stop me from becoming pg but the hospital said it wld not.

I had 2.5 weeks off work, we had told my two bosses and they were amazing so i was happy to go back to work.

I have good days and bad days, and seeing bfps on here actually really upsets me, but i think thats a normal reaction. I feel very alone at times and I cry myself to sleep most nights but hubby just holds me - I think it is good to cry and let it all out.

I received my af 31 days after I mc'd, which is good i suppose as some ladies wait longer. I am on CD10 and bd every night or every other.....trying to keep stress free and positive as i know I will not fall pg if I am stressed. I do not want to start charting my temps or ov days etc as that will make me obsessed. Hubby is happy bd every day or other (he's never had it so good ha!)......he feels used at times haha..but he doesnt mind.

Hunny I wish I cld tell you that 6 weeks on I am feeling great and you will too but the reality is we will grieve and grieve and eventually we will fall back into 'normal' life but timewise it will be different for all of us.

coming on this forum daily helps me each day....i love speaking to others and knowing i am not irrational. Or that what I am feeling is completely normal.

Please ask as many questions as you like or rant away...I sure did! And still do

lots of love to you and your oh x

• Options
    Hi honey

I'm also so pleased to hear you are feeling postive today. That's great!! If you and your OH are feeling ready to start ttc straight away then go for it.

I found out a month ago that I'd had a mmc at 10 wks (angel was only 7wks). I then started to actually bleed and a few days later it was confirmed I'd lost the pregnancy but had an incomplete mc. I had my erpc a week after the nightmare began (3 wks ago). I didn't bleed at all afterwards so we started bd'ing straight away. Although I was still quite emotional, I found it helped to try and look forward. I felt closer to my OH too. I also thought it may hurt when we first tried and was aprehensive but it didn't at all. Far from it. We kept at it every night practically (much to the joy of OH). I didn't do any ov tests or anything. Then a week ago I started to spot dark brown which was the first sign of bleeding in 2 weeks. It is still continuing today. I have done my own head in the past week as when the spotting started I started wondering whether it was a mask that I was ovulating (since it seemed too early for my AF to have arrived). B/c we stopped bd'ing I then got obsessed with POAS for checking my ovulation as I didn't want to chance missing it but it all came back -ve. Today I started to feel achy like I normally do when AF is about to pay a visit which should mean she is here tomorrow. But who knows.... our bodies play these silly games!!

But all in all I am feeling quite positive a month or so down the line. Likewise, it is hard to hear the other girls express their joy in the BFPs but at the same time you are also happy for them. I think I am able to accept their joy better than I could if any of my friends or colleagues or family members were to announce if they had conceived though. As if we are somehow more deserving after what we have been through. Sounds silly but we all understand it.

There are different waves that we go through though. I was going ok and then I had a week of feeling quite low. I was studying for 2 exams on a training course for work which was quite stressful and my hormones were still all over the place but then I got my BFN when I did a test and I suddenly felt a lot better. So it can come and go. But try to hold on to your positiveness as much as you can. But if you have a low moment then it's ok. Ride it out and it will pass.

I'm glad you are feeling stronger. That will grow more with time too. I can't believe where I am today after the month that has just passed but I think I owe most of that to the girls on this forum who has just provided such amazing support to me. I know you will achieve the same. Keep in touch.
    xx