Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

headaches??

Hi, sorry me again - with another silly question.
I found I had, had a mmc 2 weeks ago. Had an ERPC 2 weeks tomorrow. I have only finished bleeding today (sorry tmi). I have had a few bad headaches. I don't normally get headaches and if I do never bad enough for me to take pills (I hate taking them) and I have been taking pain killers for 2 headaches this week.
I wonder if it is just stress or cos of the bleeding - but just wondered if anyone else had this??
..I am thinking that if I continue to get headaches after the bleeding has def stopped I maybe should see GP? But don't want to waste their time.

Replies

• Options
    Hello newbiemum,

Sorry to hear you are having a horrible time at the mo. Although at least you have stopped bleeding, thats a good thing I guess and now your body will begin to get back to normality again. I don't know if what I say will help you but I don't get headaches much at all but I had a los of headaches after my ERPC, lasting about a week and a bit (so similar). I put it down to a combination of stress, crying till I was dried out of tears and hormones settling down. It went away the more I went out and got fresh air or so it seemed.

I would say if it continues for a few days and you still feel the same or are really in pain with it then it won't hurst to go and see your GP, you have just been through a helish time my dear.

I hope things settle down and soon and the headache goes away. Thinking of you and sending you hugs.. Things will get better, honest they will. Love Lou xxx
  • Options
    the most common cause of headaches is dehydration. Its not unlikely with what you've been through. Try to drink lots and don't worry about bothering your GP, they will probably like to see you anyway to see how you're coping.
    Sending you kind thoughts
  • Options
    Hi, I found I had a terrible headache for three days before I found out my baby had died. I do drink a lot of water anyway so knew at this stage I could not have been dehydrated. Mine eventually went away but it was almost like a migraine. I had a headache again when I found out I had lost the baby but totally think this one was down to crying . Hope this helps x
  • Options
    I'd suggest it's stress and crying, or the pain from trying not to cry. Also your body has been through a lot and having a GA is never really good for you. Take care of yourself, take it easy and try to get out in some nice weather. I hope you feel better soon.