Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Help and advice? Detailed and not nice, be warned!!

Hello All
Something very peculiar is happening to me and I just don't know what to think, I just want to hear from someone who has been through something similar to me to make me know whats going on one way or the other.

I would be 7 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Everything has been fine, but last night after hubby got in from being out for a few hours, he called me into the bathroom. There was something in the toilet and as I had been in on my own I can only presume it came from me, although I never felt a thing, there was no bleeding or pain whatsoever and there still isn't.

It was what I can only describe as looking like some kind of sea urchin - spherical, covered in tissue (not toilet tissue!) sort of pinky coloured, just smaller than a 2 pence coin in diameter.

Well I don't know what to think!! If I had had pain or bleeding I would think I had passed the baby but nothing.... last night I felt so sick I was nearly crying but today I feel okay which is another reason for me to think I am not pregnant anymore.

Has anyone heard of anything like this happening to anyone else, I have been on google all day and found nothing like this!

Replies

• Hi jayne,
    First I just wanted to say how sorry I am you are having this worrying time. I have personally never had bleeding or passed my bean as both my Mc have been missed MC and had to have an op. But I think I have heard of some ladies not having lots of pain, but all that I have heard of have had some form of spotting or bleeding. I would speak to your Dr and get sent for a scan to set your mind at rest. It doesn't necessarily mean you have MC. I hope everything is still going along as normal for you with your bean.
    Lilou xx
  • Hi Jayne,

I agree with Lilou. I have not heard of this myself, but if you are worried then best to see the Doc and try to get a scan. Am sure everything is fine though.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care,
    Edie xxx
  • I feel like a freak of nature. And if it wasn't the foetus, what the hell was it!!?? Women's bodies are so complicated!

My midwife has been out and looked at a photo of the 'thing', she said it does indeed look like a foetus and I am pretty sure she thinks I have miscarried but has never known of someone to miscarry without bleeding. I have to wait a week and get my HCG levels tested. What a horrible week I am going to have.

She also suggested the possiblity that it could have been twins and I have lost one - but surely they don't just fall out?
  • gosh that must be awful...i hope she is wrong and that you have at least one strong sticky bean there!
  • Am so sorry Jayne. I really hope you get some good news in a week's time. This must be so worrying for you. I don't know why she doesn't refer you for an emergency scan. Will be thinking of you.

Love,
    Edie xxx
  • Oh hun, why hasn't she sent you for a scan if she thinks it is your bean?? The waiting is so hard. I had to wait for my first MMC to be confirmed and it was like being in limbo. I would go back to her and explain how worried you are. Hope everything is ok but we are here should you need to talk.
    Lilou x
  • hey Jayne....

Im so sorry that you are going through this and i imagine the waiting is really hard...

My story is that i found out about 9 weeks that my baby had died and was measuring 7+2 - i then opted for medical management (the pessaries made me bleed and cramp and i passed tissue looking clots spherical in shape) i continued to bleed at home but it eased off and i didnt have much pain either and i passed my baby 3 days later at home. Again it wasnt painful and not too much blood considering (i continued to bleed for another 5 days or so but no more than a period...actually lighter than my normal af) but my baby was qute long in shape - more rounded at the top and then thinner at the bottom (it wouldnt have lost its 'tail' by 7 weeks) and it too was covered in a sort of tissue but it was grey/purple in colour and the shape of it (sorry but i cant think of a better way 2 describe it image wise) was more like a penis shape than spherical.

Im sorry that they think this is your baby but i would only have been 2 days ahead of you if your dates are correct (and while i know babies develop pretty quickly) what you described sounds different to what i passed.

This isnt meant to give you false hope or confirm things its just my story of how my baby looked. I think you need to get back onto your hospital and see if you can get a scan sooner than waiting a week thats just horrible. Or cant you go to your gp for bloods that way it would only take a few days to check your Hcg levels?

Im sorry i hope there is some hope for you and that things arent as bad as they seem but if they are then i have found this site a great help in the past few weeks as its a very supportive place givent that sadly everyone knows what the other is oing through...

Thinking of You.

Lx
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this, and you are not getting the medical support you deserve. I can understand from their point of view as I'm a nurse) that if you have unfortunately passed your bean, then there is nothing that can be done. But the waiting for answers is just so hard. How do they just expect you to get on with your life in limbo?

I have not been through anything like what you are evperiencing. I would go to your GP, and see if they will speed anything up. If they have a hCG level to compare to already that's great, but if you are having the first bloods taken in a week, you would probably be having some more 48 hours later to compare to. Even more waiting.

Fingers crossed for the best outcome. Keep us posted. xx
  • Thank you to everyone for your replies. I am still feeling really sick but I guess this would be normal if I had miscarried as my hormones wouldnt be back to normal yet.
    Lauz I found your reply really helpful, I know it must be hard to go into so much detail but its exactly what I am looking for.

My hubby told his boss at work what had happened (not quite sure why!!) but he said the exact same thing had happened to his wife last year - she passed something which sounds very similar and thought they had lost the baby, but everything turned out okay. I am trying not to get my hopes up.

Thanks again and if anyone else thinks they can help I would love to hear from you.
    Jayne xx