Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bad day

Today has not been one of my best.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but the day started off with me not wanting to get out of bed this morning. I was meant to be working from home, but I just couldn't find enough reasons to get up.

Then in true working from home style, I put a film on the background. IT got to a sad point in the film and I started crying, nothing really unsual there, except that I couldn't stop, and the scene wasn't sad enough to justify the length of time I was crying. It was only then that I realised that it was the ache in my heart that was keeping the tears going.

Since then, I've just felt really low, I haven't eaten properly because I just couldn't be arsed to make anything, and since OH has got home, I've not really been in a talking mood. In fact all I've wanted to do is disappear into my own little world, but I'm bored doing nothing as well.

Sorry I just wanted to talk about my day.

Chocky

Replies

• Options
    oh honey i think these days hit us all at some point and i think it is usually when we are on our own and are brains start to work over time on what has happened! I spend a lot of the day in my car on my own and if i am not careful i find my self crying at nearly every song that comes on the radio just to let out my emotions - in an attempt to stop this happening i am now playing only upbeat songs and singing along with the windows down to try and change myt focus!
    I hope you start to feel a little better this evening and that tommorrow isn't as bad for you i am sending you big hug!
    Love Rena x
  • Options
    Don't be sorry chocky, that's why we're here.

It's understandable you have had a bad day, you have to hope tomorrow is better. A couple of days not doing anything are fine, but don't let it drag on like that.

I had a couple of PJ days after my ERPC. I watched telly, and did nothing else apart from crying here and there.

It's a bereavement, the hurt lessens with time. It's not going to go completely, but you wouldn't want it to.

Talk things out if you can, cry when you need to and things will get better. xx
  • Options
    chocky

we are all here for you,we know how you are feeling,i hope today is a better day for you,wish we alll lived in the same street.

xx
  • Options
    Hi Chocky

So sorry you had a bad day. It's to be expected after everything you've been through.

Sometimes I find it helpful when a sad film or song releases my tears - it's good to let everything out.

I hope today is brighter for you but don't feel bad or guilty if it's not - grief takes time and we're all here to listen and support you through.

Take care, love NN xx
  • Options
    Hi Choccy

I totally know where you are coming from, i had my erpc on Saturday and from Monday thru to Wednesday, I didn't get dressed and stayed in bed all day.

These days just felt easier for me to stay in bed and sleep because I figured if I sleep then I'm not awake thinking of my loss. When I was awake, I would find myself just sitting and staring into space thinking about my bean.

We must all go through it and I am relieved in a way to know I am not alone in this, i thought I was being a bit wierd not wanting to get up and "live".

It's a long process, today though, I went to see friends who were happy to listen to me pour my heart out which made me feel better. I am in no doubt though that another bad day will soon be rearing it's face.

We're all here for you though chick

Melissa x x x
  • Options
    Thanks girls for you all your kind words.

The last couple of days have been much better.

I think the main cause of it was because it was the first day OH was back at work, while I was still at home. We hadn't spent anytime apart since my scan when I found out I had mmc'd.

I'm generally a very happy-go-lucky person and I hate feeling down. I also hate not being in control of my feelings and that the need to cry takes over without any warning.

I know its going to be a while before I feel like I'm back to normal, but I am thankful that the good days now seem to be outweighing the bad.

My best wishes and hugs to you all.

Chocky