Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

For those that have had ectopic pregnancy.........

................there is light at the end of the tunnel!

I've got my BFP!!

I had an ectopic in December and my tube ruptured so they had to remove it (but left the ovary) We start ttc again properly in March and on tues i got my bfp. image
I'm not quite sure how it's happened cos im quite sure that i've only been ov'ing from my right ovary (which is the side where i've no tube), cos i've been getting really strong ov pains - even to the point where it hurts to walk!

I've got a scan nxt friday to make sure that this one is in the right place.....fingers crossed it is.

I know how i felt after we lost our baby and i hope that this is reassurance & proof for you all that it will happen, just be patient. xxx

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations on your BFP!

Hope your scan goes well - it is lovely when you get the reassurance that the bean is in the right place - I know!

Hope this pregnancy goes more soothly for you!

Gill x
  • Options
    Just a quick message to say big congrats. I had an ectopic in September and my right tube was removed. I am now 32+1, having conceived again less than 2 months after my op (and having been so scared it wouldn't happen)

Best of luck!

xx
  • Options
    Hi Impatient
    I was just wondering how you were getting on?
    Daisyx
  • Options
    impatient and kimmys84 - just wondered how you were both doing? Kimmy have you had your baby yet? xx
  • Options
    Hello,
    Thank you for asking how i am. Me and bump are doing just fine. Im 17+1 and he's growing nicely (although a lot of people have commented on how big i am!!)
    I've been really lucky and not had too many symptoms - my major one was tiredness but that has eased off alot. I was never sick, which i am grateful for cos im rubbish at being sick!!

We've got our 20wk scan on 16th September and we're NOT finding out the sex. I always said i would find out just so then i can be organised but after having the ectopic in december & losing my tube i just feel really grateful that im pregnant and as long as he's healthy i dont mind if we have a boy or a girl. For some strange reason we're convinced that we're having a boy and so we've called him a 'he' from day 1.

How are you ladies doing?
    Lisax
  • Options
    Its so good to hear stories like this. You have helped me see that it can happen even with one tube. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi, I have been told today that I am having an ectopic pregnancy after weeks of uncertainty and am lucky enough to have caught it early and am starting medical management so my tube will be preserved tomorrow.

Reading about your precious bumps has really lifted my spirits and that there is hope of a healthy pregnancy x x x
  • Options
    dlp01- only just seen you have asked about me! Haiden was due on the 6th August and I gave birth on the 30th July. She was 10 weeks yesterday, and is just gorgeous!

Mafia Princess- I'm glad we can help you feel better. I understand with the medical management option you cannot try again for 3-6 months. Although I was devastated to lose my tube, and so so petrified I wouldn't be able to conceive again, for me I think surgery was the best option. If I didn't have the salpingectomy Haiden would not be here now.

I don't come over here often, so if you have any questions at all I am over in Born in August (although she was born in July!) x
  • Options
    Hi
    Just wanted to add my story if it helps anyone as its such a difficult time and I found reading positive stories helped - I had ectopic and removal of tube on 1st April, was advised to wait a couple of cycles which we did then fell pregnant at end of June - am now 17 weeks
    wishing you all the best
    Daisyx
  • Options
    These stories really make me feel happy as it's a bit tiring hearing about doom and gloom. I am able to ttc again in early february and I hope to be able to post on here next year with good news x x x