Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Periods after Miscarriage

Hi
I had a missed misccarriage last Thursday. I still feel devasted by the experience as I thought I would be going to see my baby at a 12 week scan. Unfortunately my baby had dies at 8 weeks. I'm thinking about trying again as soon as we can. Its helping to keep me feeling positive about the future . Is anyone able to tell me how long it takes for your periods to return following a miscarriage?
Thanks
greeneyes

Replies

• Options
    when i had my missed misscarage back in aug 2003 i had my next period about 4 weeks later in september then i missed my period in the october cause i was pregnant again.
    good luck in the future hun xxx
  • Options
    Hi
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    I had a MMC in july, I had a d&c my 1st AF arrived 30dys after the d&c. Everyone is different though.
    Take Care
    Helen x x
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies. It really helps to be able to speak to people who have had similar experiences. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for my period and to TTC again.
    Many thanks.
  • Options
    hi sorry for your loss.
    I had a MC in november,the same happend to me.Me and my oh went for the 12 week scan and there was just the sack left,i went into hospital and had a d&c and you have a period straight away and then 28days lata i had my next period and we are trying again now.
    hope this helps.xx
  • Options
    Hi
    My period was back 28 days to the day after my d&c and again 28 days after that. Now I just found out that I am pregnant again and yet I am not the type who gets pregnant that quickly. You are right to stay positive. Many women out there got pregnant very soon after a d&c, so good luck and let us know. Love, Lola XXX
  • Options
    Hi lilymc and Lola,
    Thanks so much for your replies. I feel like I am slowly getting my head together and waiting now for my 1st AF so I we can TTC. Congratulations Lola on your news that is fantastic! Thanks again for the replies.
    Bernadette x
  • Options
    II WAS BLEEDING LAST NIGHT WENT TO HOSPITAL TODAY AND IT iS VERY BAD NEWS THE DID A SCAN AND SAID BABY IS 7 WEEKS 3DAYS AND as no heart beet i was so sad im ment to be 13weeks 3days i dont understand y it happend and y i didnt bleed at 7 weeks if thats wen my lil baby died.i cnt get over this please i need sum suport
    i wanna Baby even tho it wont replace this 1
  • Options
    Greeneyes
    You do not have to wait until your next af to concieve. My midwife told me they only recommend this as it makes working out the dates easier.Many people catch without af at all. You just need to make sure that you feel physically and mentally ready. I am trying to concieve after m/c i am using ov sticks and temp. Good luck
  • Options
    Hi I had a miscarriage in Feb 2006 and got pregnant again before I had a period. Unfortunately I also lost that baby at 9 weeks in April which was just one of those things and hadn't happened because I had got pregnant too soon. I bled after that for 6 weeks so waited until I'd had a period that time but got pregnant again in the July and had my 3rd child in March last year. Just do what is right for you. I coudn't wait and just needed to keep trying but everyone is different. Good Luck x
  • Options
    Hi greeneyes- you situation sounds so similar to me - even the dates! Im not sure whether to wait for an af- just really want to be pregnant again .see you on the ttc boards soon hopefully with more positive news x
  • Options
    kaz4mark
    hya chick sorry t ere abut ur loss but iv bein thru th xcaxt same thin th reason y u dnt bleed is beacuse ur body disnt know tht ur misscarring as horrible as it sounds but keep ya chin up n jst think towrds th future .. x