Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Second miscarriage and still no baby :(

I have just returned from the hospital to have been told that the bleeding I have experienced (and horrific pains) were due to another miscarriage.

I had a MMC in Oct and didn't carry this through to a full MC as I had a D&C.

Both times we have successfully conceived have ended in this awful trauma. We're so desperate for a baby but I'm now wondering if there's something wrong with me.

We have been told that 1/4 pregnancies ends in MC, which is a ridiculously high proportion and little comfort to all of us who experience this. The hospital want me to attend for bloods tomorrow and to return next week for an additional scan to check things out again. Why? What's wrong with me?

Feeling so useless and empty. Feel like I want to try again but scared its all going to end for a third time.
Has anyone else had two consecutive MC and gone on to have a healthy PG?

Why is life so cruel? Em xxxx

Replies

• Options
    I'm so, so sorry for ur loss. The statistics for MC are very high, but as you've said it doesn't help when ur going through the hideousness of it.
    The only thing I can say is that I had an early MC last December and fell pregnant in June - I am now almost 32 weeks. There is always hope, although at a time like this, you may not believe it. Just take the time to heal. My thoughts are with you.. xxx
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. Glad things have worked out for you now. All the best xxxx
  • Options
    I'm sorry that you have gone through so much Frogger. It must have been a very difficult time for you. Congratulations though on your successful pregnacy. I really hope things work out for you. All the best xxxx
  • Options
    I had 2 miscarriages in Feb and April 2006 then a normal pregnancy in July 2006. I already had 2 boys before the miscarriages with normal pregnancies so they were a complete shock. I'd had a border line thyroid result which can affect pregnancies prior to the miscarriages so my throid levels may have been a bit low which may have caused it and co-incidently, when I went to my osteopath after the 2nd miscarriage she mentioned a thyroid problem without me saying anything so she gave me a supplement which I took with the next pregnancy and my daughter was fine. I don't suppose I'll ever really know if it made a difference but I stayed pregnant so that was enough for me! It might be worth asking to get your thyroid levels checked whilst they are taking bloods anyway.The other thing to ask about is starting on a low dose of asprin (75mg) next time you get pregnant. Hope this helps and don't give up lol x
  • Options
    Sorry about your MCs Arg but congratulations on your lovely family image

Funny you should say that about the thyroid...I have the paperwork for the bloods sample that needs to be done tomo (they gave it me today) and the thyroid box has a tick in it as well as some other gobble-di-gook hospital speak that I don't understand.

Hopefully they will be able to shed some more light on this soon - time will tell.

Thank you for taking the time to write your note. It's encouraging to read stories with happy endings.
    All the best to you, Em xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    It is good that you will get your thyroid levels checked just bear in mind when the results come back that they are likely to be a bit up in the air because of your pregnancy so make sure you get them checked again in a month or so for a true result.Take care and hope it goes ok tomorrow x