Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

dont know why i bothered ......

i need someone to talk to, I'm home alone as hubby is out for the evening with friends.

i found out on 5th december that I'd had a mmc, went into hospital for the ERPC on 9th December. was told it had all gone okay and i didn't need any follow ups. which i thought was good. after the ERPC, I had little or no bleeding so finally thought i could move on, until about wednesday this week when i started with af pains and then started bleeding as if af was on her way, which was way too early for her arrival after erpc.

i've been having some more af type pains tonight, just went to the loo, tmi but i wiped before hand as I had a feeling something wasn't right and i passed a massive clot, its really thick, i think ir could be the gestational sac. i just feel like its happening all over again and feel soo alone with hubby being out. i dont know what to do.

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun,
    I'm really sorry that this is happening to you and that you are alone. My oh is out with his mates too and i know how lonely it can feel after they've been with you for so long after the mc.

I think the best thing you can do is to take some pain killers if you are still in pain and make sure you see the gp as soon as you can.

I too had an erpc on the 15th Dec and am still bleeding but mine has been strange too - i had nothing on tues, then fresh blood weds and then back to the nasty dark brown stuff yesterday which had bits in so i thought that they possibly didn't get all of it out during the procedure. I've got to go back for a scan on mon which i'm glad of so that they are sure so perhaps you need to have another scan? They also gave me antibiotics as its been going on so long.

I know its all too much to deal with as i feel the same and feel like i'm never gonna stop bleeding as all in all i've been bleeding for a month.

Anyway, what do you think - a scan and gp for you? Can you go tmoro - my gp is open on sat for emergencies and i'd say this is.

Tell hubby if you can too, so he can support you, take care xx
  • Options
    oh hunny i am really sorry - i had exactly the same thing 4 days after erpc. It sucks and its horrible and i hope you oh will be home soon.

Hot water bottles on the back help and ibroprofen and paracetomol.

Sending hugs (((((hugs))))))

Sarah x x x x
  • Options
    thank you both so much for your advice.

Sarah - its put my mind at rest knowing that it also happened to you after your erpc. I'm hoping that its all part of the process and i dont have an infection of any kind. got hubby to make me a hot water bottle for the back pains.

So Happy - I wasn't offered a follow up scan which i thought would have been routine after all erpcs. I've got a number somewhere for the gynae unit at the hospital if its no better on monday then i'll phone and get their advice.

I'm so sorry that you've both also had to go through this. i really hope 2009 is a better year for all of us.

xxx