Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Had 2 miscarriages. What should I do now

I am almost 34. I had 2 miscarriages in the last 6 months. However, both times it happened after i had large parties in my apartment. I think i did too much strenuous jobs and was very much excited during that period. My Dr told me that I have no abnormalities and both of the accidents happened due to some problem in the fetus itself. My husband is a smoker. I wonder is it related to my miscarriages. Is a healthy diet plan can reduce the chance of miscarriage? Is it true that miscarriages continue if I don't wait 6 months to conceive again. I would really appreciate your personal experiences and replies. Please help me

Replies

• Options
    hi there i can appreciate what you are going through i too had 2 miscarriages straight after the other in nov at 7 wks and march at 10 wks... awful to go through and i was worried about what to do next. we fell pregnant 1 st time each time. i am now 24wks pregnant again 1st time trying! it was soo hard to get thro the times where i had miscarried and i have said i will not ever be getting pregnant again as it was too hard to go through the losses. i think you have to just listen to the doctor and just if you can put it down to natures way, as there is no way of knowing so try not to torture yourself over things you have done during those pregnancy's i do hope you feel strong soon best wishes.
  • Options
    you don't have to wait 6 months, lots of people get preg before then and go on fine
  • Options
    Hi smitch. Thanks for your reply. I hope you will have a safe pregnancy. Your reply helps me to calm down a bit. Best wishes.
  • Options
    I too have had 2 mcs, one in Oct last year and May of this. We didn't wait and I fell really quickly again. 1st AF 2 July and that was also my LMP. Now 14+2 and so far (fingers crossed) everything is fine. If you feel up to it, I say go for it. xxx
  • Options
    I had 2 mc too, but a year apart due to having a op inbetween to remove a cyst from my ovary... I went on to have a beautiful girl who will be 2 in Jan and am 9wks preg with baby no 2. Good Luck with trying again.xxx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to read about your losses. I had a missed mc at nearly 12 weeks in April 2007, waited for one cycle then started TTC again. I became pg straight away with our gorgeous son who is 19 months now.

I became pg again in the summer this year and I had another missed mc . This time I found out earlier at 7 weeks that it had gone wrong.

I waited for just one normal AF until we tried again last time, although this time I'm going to give it a break of 2 - 3 months as I found my successful pg very tough emotionally last time. I think I was still grieving for our lost baby.

I've done a lot of reading on this and there is no evidence that you are less likely to mc if you wait.

On your Q about the house parties - please don't blame yourself. I'm not a doc but I'm 100% sure the mcs weren't anything to do with that. I've been really good with all my 3 pgs and only 1 has worked out for me. I have so many friends who conceived when they were drunk or weren't taking folic acid etc and they have had healthy babies. It isn't fair but please don't blame yourself - although it's very normal to do that.

I suppose it would be ideal if your partner gave up smoking but try not to fall out over it.

I'm rowing with my OH at the mo and the blame game only makes things worse.

Take care x