Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A wee bit of hope...

Just wanted to share about my two friends who have been trying to concieve for a few years now to give you all a little hope...

One friend who had her first child 8 years ago has been despritely trying to get pregnant for 3 years. Her husband had been on medication that meant they couldn't concieve before that and it was seeming to have a lasting effect after he was off it. Sadly she miscarried in June last year at 8 weeks. They were devastated...even more so because they had already told their daughter. She has just informed me she is pregnant again and is 6 weeks. Time will tell if this one will stick!!! Looks hopeful tho!!!

My other friend is married and her partner has a child from a previous relationship but they have no children together. They have been trying for 2 years. The first month of trying she got pregnant but sadly lost it and had a bit of a hard time and a d&c which she found traumatic. They have been trying ever since with no luck. They have had tests galore and just 6 weeks ago had her tubes cleaned. Two days ago she told me she is now pregnant. A wee while ago they had given up all hope!!!

So now I ma so happy for my two friends! There are a lot of people around them who had been getting pregnant (including me, I've just had my LO last month) and they had been finding it all very hard. At least now they have their own pregnancies to focus on!!!

Yay!

Replies