Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Having a down day today

I cant stop crying :cry:

I feel lost and confused today. My head is telling me to calm down and to take some time out after all that has happened but my heart is so sad about losing our baby that I am feeling this immense desire to be pregnant again but differently to last time because I want to enjoy being pregnant and not feel the sort of black hole depression that I experienced b4.

This is so hard - I badly dont want to suffer hyperemesis again but realise Im probably likely too but am desperate for it not to cloud my feelings and make me depressed like last time because it was awful.

My hubby and I have talked and we agreed to try and get some stuff done to our house 1st to make it baby friendly as its currently a bit of a mess so I guess I should focus on that 1st and then think about trying again - its just so hard. :cry:

Felt like I needed a little rant - thanks for listening/ reading image

Replies

• Options
    sorry i missed this post before - didn't see it! hope you're feeling a little more positive now. you need to give yourself time as you will feel like this for a while. ups and downs are par for the course. i think i read in another post that there are things that you can do to prepare yourself for hyperemesis before you get pregnant again. maybe if you did some of these things (can't remember what they were sorry!) it may lessen the symptoms which may make it more bearable for you. another thing is that at least you know you CAN cope with it if it were to affect you again. preparation could be the key for you and i think you're right to wait before ttc. i know our house needs tings doing that would be impossible with a baby on the way so we'll end up doing the same.

this experience is hard and you need to make sure that you give yourself time to deal with it all. i found out on 24 june that i had mmc and in one way it feels like a lifetime ago and in another way it feels like it only happened yesterday.

hope you feel better soon, we're always here to read and listen! xxx
  • Options
    Hi sweetie, what you are feeling is completely normal, all I wanted when I lost our little girl was to be pregnant again, what made it worse was that everywhere I looked people were pregnant or had just given birth. Only you know when the time is right for you and you will know in your heart when is the right time to try.

As i said in my reply to your other post, it is so hard and nothing anyone can say or do is going to make things any better or any easier, just take time out, look after yourself and you will start to feel better in time. xx