Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Positive Pregnancy test Nearly 5 weeks after erpc

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on this one. I had a missed miscarriage and this was found at my 13 week scan. I had an erpc and it will be 5 weeks on friday since that day. This was such a loss and I was so desperate to get pregnant again. We said we would wait until I had 1 period to try agin but did not use protection during this time. I only bled for one day after the erpc but doctor said that was fine. Last night I dis a pregnancy test and it was a real strong positive. Any ideas what this could mean, if anything?????????

Replies

• Options
    that does sound like you could be pg again! don't want to get your hopes up too much just in case but if you say it was strong then it does sound like it is positive... i would go to your docs to check. do you have any idea if you have ov'd? i know people vary but i ov'd 14 days after my ERPC.

fingers crossed for you!!! xxx
  • Options
    I'm sorry I'm not gonna be any help but I had an erpc 12 days ago and I've just had a very faint pos+ on a pg test.
    I did a test cos i wanted to see a neg- and hope it would help me move on but the the + is really confusing me too.
    We've not bd'ed for weeks so I don't think it can be anything to be excited about.

Hope you get a answer, I'll keep my eye on your post

Maxi xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies. Its so confusing. I do not know when I ovul'd. It would help me if I did. So many things going through my mind. I guess I just want it to be so really badly. Going to the docs is good advice. I feel like I have spent so much of this year there. I went before we started trying to check my health, when I got pregnant, again after miscarriage as I was worried. I also wish I wasn't such a worrier!!! Will keep you posted!!!
  • Options
    Firstly, sorry for your loss,
    Since you had a MMC, your body would still have been producing HCG. I know the further into the pregnancy a miscarriage happens the longer it takes for the HCG to leave the system, however 5 weeks after the ERPC does seem like a long time to still be producing HCG. I also know that a woman is more fertile after a MC. I would say go to the doctors and take the test with you. Theyll hopefully take some bloods and check your levels and then maybe send you down to your EPU for a scan to see whats going on. I pray you get the answer you wish for.xx
  • Options
    Hey All,
    Went to the doctor yesterday. She says she does not know either so I now have to have blood test next Monday and again the Monday after to test difference over a week in hormone levels. So tough waiting, I desperately trying not to make myself anxious
  • Options
    Hello, any news x
  • Options
    Hi jo s

Any news?
  • Options
    Hi Jo any news yet?
  • Options

[Modified by: nat18 on October 05, 2008 04:16 PM]

• Options
    I'm new to all of this and have already tried to responde ask a question of Jo S however it didn't work very well.

Jo i don't mean to intrude or anything but wondered if you are pregnant and if so how is it going?

• Options
    Hi Nat, Jo hasn't replied yet!! I hope she's okay!!

Sorry to hear about your MC, I had my ERPC 4 weeks ago today, & am waiting for my period now!!

Girls on here have got there BFP 5 weeks after MC, so there still hope for us!

xxx
  • Options
    Hey All,
    Well, Since I last been on I began to get some brown discharge (sorry if TMI). I was so worried. I went to doc and they simpy told me to rest. Have rested for a full week and it has stopped. I had first blood test last week and due to have second blood test on Wednesday and then I get to see the doctor on Monday the 13th for the results. I feel like I am absolutely clock watching. Have taken pregnancy tests every couple of days and all still saying positive so here's hoping..........................
  • Options
    Who would have thought there was so much waiting involved when we first started trying??? First there's the excited wait to see if we had conceived month after month, then for many of us it was the tormenting wait during the mmc phase (which is where I am at right now), then the distress wait afterwards to find out when you finally test -ve after the mc / erpc to be able to try again. I never knew about any of this until I landed on this forum today. I thought it was hard enough just waiting to know if we'd conceived each month.
    What challenges us girls, only makes us stronger.

Is it really true then that you are more fertile after a mc? I may feel differently next week but right now I feel I want to start trying again straight away as soon as it's possible after my ordeal is over with the bleeding. I'm 33 and hoping to have 2 or 3 children so time is not on my side since I am now losing my first one. When can you expect to first ovulate after having an erpc?
    Sorry, I really am new to this and the doctors havent told me anything yet.

Be sure to keep us posted Jo, sending you lost of +ve vibes. Rest up good and try to distract yourself until next Monday if possible!! We are all here for you no matter what.
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks, it is really great to know that there is so much support here. I am planning to absolutely relax right up until the point I get news x
  • Options
    Can anyone help with this?

I had an EPRC on 29th Sep after discovering that i had mmc. I hope to try to conceive again as soon as possible but got mixed information. The advice given by medical staff varied from waiting until after one natural bleed (one period) to up to three months. How soon have any of you got pregnant again after a mmc? And have these been successfull pregnancies? Is there likely to be further complications if you don't wait a minimal time?

Nat
    x

[Modified by: nat18 on October 05, 2008 04:23 PM]

• Options
    Jo, this sounds really good! Sticky babydust for you!!

Nat, I had the ERPC on the 4th Sept, & started trying straight away! I'm nervously waiting for first AF!!! It's true women are most fertile after MC, & there's been queit a few people on here who have got there BFP after MC!

xxx
  • Options
    Any news Jo?? x
  • Options
    Hey All,
    Got my appointment for second blood test today. It only the blood test.........not the results so why am I so anxious!!!!! Hoping they may tell me if there is any indication from the first bloods but they will probably leave me waiting for my official results appointment on Monday 13th x
  • Options
    Phoned surgery today so will definitely get results on Monday. A weekend of anxious waiting!!!
  • Options
    Good luck were all thinging of you x x x