Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

feeling lost and hopeless

hi, im 40 and would be 7wks 5days today. this is my 4th preg and i have 2 handsome sons age 14 and 11. \i remarried last year. decided to try again recently and amazingly fell preg straight away. Last week I started spotting, was scanned and wee bean looked great. Bleeding cont and scanned again Frid,again wee bean growing and hb good. How can this be when im bleeding and its getting worse? hb very reassured at this point. Bleeding over weekend very heavy, no paid or clots. Monday morn, my wedding anniv and hb bday, i got up and blood everywhere, thick and dark red. Went to hosp and scanned again. bean and hbeat ok but bleeding so heavy. no explanation, just threatened misc. Midwives fantastic. im back home waiting. its like a slasher movie when i go to the bathroom, which i dread. Why is my body doing this? my wee baby looks so good and my body is throwing it out. Soo sad, dont understand. Can anyone help me?:cry:

Replies

• Options
    Hi tashelby,

I am so sorry to hear what you're going through, you must be so worried.

There's nothing I can say that will be any comfort to you but it's not over yet and everything may be ok.

Are you going back to the hospital for any check ups etc? If there is still a heartbeat, you still have hope.

Please just rest and try to stay calm, this might not be the end.

This forum isn't visited v often, TTC after miscarriage/ectopic is much more busy if you want to come over and talk to others who have been through something like this.

Thinking of you and fingers crossed all is ok xx
  • Options
    Thanyu for ur thoughts. Im still bleeding away at home. no change. Not at hospital till 6th july. I cant believe anythng could survive this. I just feel sad now. Thankyou again xx
  • Options
    Take it easy, once the bean has taken hold and has a beartbeat it takes a damn lot to shake 'em out!! Remember, bleeding always looks worse coming down there and it doesn't help with the fact our pregnant, nothing will stop you panicking 100% but remember bean is still hanging tough and u need to as well, if ure chilled bean will be too!! Take care x