Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help :(

I am 5 weeks pregnant or so i thought... did 5 tests at home only one of which came back negative then had it confirmed at the doctors but started bleeding this morning image...went to the hospital where they did another test which came back negative...now they're saying i was never pregnant to begin with but how do you explain 5 positive tests and being 9 days late for my period!!!!??????
They refused to do a blood test and just said i should go back to my doctor in the morning... They were no help what so ever...wouldn't do a scan and left me feeling completley confused and totally devastated.... so sad... and feel so numb image

Replies

• Options
    Rach I'm sorry that the doctors aren't being very helpful. Unfortunately it sounds like you've had an early miscarriage (also known as a chemical pregnancy). I suffered a chemical back in june at 5weeks and I know how devestating this can be - I'm so sorry that you're going through this.

Have you been to your GP today? I really hope that they are more understanding and supportive. Big (((Hugs))) to you sweetie xx
  • Options
    I'm sorry too Rach. This happened to another lady on this forum when I had my 1st mmc. It also happened to a friend of mine (early mc). It's really unhelpful that the doctors are refusing to accept you were pg in the first place. It's like a plot in a hollywood film where you're made to feel like you imagined it.

Good luck at the docs and do try to get it logged on your records that you have had a pg this time.

Take care,

Jo x
  • Options
    Thankyou so much, Jo and DM...lots of people seem to be saying the same thing...chemical pregnancy, I had never heard of this before and there was no mention of anything of the sort at the hospital yesterday...you're right Jo, I was made to feel like I imagined it and if my partner hadn't have seen the positive tests and come with me to the hospital I would be thinking I was crazy now coz thats exactly how they made me feel, or like we were making it up for attention...My own doctor is doing a home visit later on but has said I will definitley have to go back to hospital later...just hope Ronnie is home from work by then. Dont think i can do it by myself. Im in absolute agony today and the bleeding is terrible, luckily my mum is picking my son up from school and having him overnight again...I do feel like im neglecting him tho...this is so hard though just feel like i cant deal with anyone at the mo...am I being selfish?? xxxx
  • Options
    Hi hun

Im really sorry, I have also had a chem pg too & was in alot of pain with the bleeding as it was passing naturally, my GP said that it probably hadnt implanted properly. The doc's tests arent as sensitive as home pg tests & im always hearing of storys of women having +ve tests at home & then being told by docs that they are not pg, you'd think they would be a bit more sensitive & explain all of this. I hope your GP is more understanding when you see him/her later. I dont think your being selfish either your upset & dont want your lo seeing you this way.

Hugs xxx
  • Options
    just come back from the hospital, waiting now for a phonecall for the results of the blood tests...will have to go for a scan in the morning if it comes back positive...if not both me and my partner were imagining the whole thing apparently!!!!!!! xx