Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

first af after mc???

Hi, i mc about 7 wks ago and had my first af after 6 wks. i expected it to last about 5 days but after 3 it was over and was very light but then after bd i started to bleed lightly again for a few hours. what has everyone else experienced. we have also been ttc again pretty much straight away after bleeding stopped after mc. x

Replies

• Options
    to be honest i don't think anything is "normal" for first AF after mc. i'm currently on my first AF and it was very heavy on days 2 and 3, yesterday (day4) and today hardly anything whereas normal AFs for me go on a bit longer.

in the past i sometimes thought i'd finished AF then BD and some more blood comes out (sorry tmi!) and i figured it was just the last bits coming out.

if it was very light do you think there is a chance it could have been implantation? have you tested just in case?

xxx
  • Options
    no not tested yet, to be honest im scared to cos i would love to be pg again but dont want to be disappointed. i used so many tests the first time around as af didnt come for wks so i dont want to keep buying more and getting a bfn! but its also hard just waiting and wondering, but then theres also the chance i could be but hcg levels are not high enough to show bfp so think might just wait bit.