Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

think am having my first cycle

hi everyone,

I had my miscarrage at 9 weeks but didnt find out until i was 12 weeksa. I had bleeding on/off for 4 weeks but just brown stuff. However it did stop for about a week and then red bleeding, this has gone on now for about four days with todays being brown again. Has anyone had same experience and unsure if it was first cycle. I planned to start to ttc once the bleeding stops, Any advice would be very helpful. I am a member of miscarraige support on facebook to xx

Replies

• Options
    I am confused as to whether I have started a new cycle too!

Mc'd on 9th June. Bled for about 2 weeks (although only spotting for last week or so) Had NO bleeding at all for 18 days and then last Thurs, Fri and Sat I had bright red fresh blood when I wiped. But only literally on 4 occasions - nothing on pad...! Am v confused. No idea if that was first af or not. It was v v v v v light if it was! I know I def haven't ov'd since the mc so I wonder if that makes a difference..
    To add to my confusion I had a tiny tiny bit of brown spotting yesterday - I never have any spotting at all normally. I have no idea what my body is doing. It's totally messed up. It's so frustrating as you just want to feel a bit more back to normal.

Sorry - can't offer any helpful advice but just wanted to sympathise xxxx
  • Options
    hi baby b,

Thanks for reply, and understanding. I phoned the ward where I had my d&c to check if I was over bleeding or if they thought I was having my first cycle. After talking to them and explaining that I have had spotting ever since d&c 6 weeks ago, then nothing for 4 days. Then all of a sudden fresh blood with small clots on first day, with stronger pains. They confirmed I was having my first cycle and that I would probably have a heavier one than normal due to pcos and not having one for four months. I hope this has helped you a little. Thanks again good luck with your future on ttc xxx
  • Options
    hi shell

it does sound like your first AF. when i had my erpc i bled for about a week, then spotted for another week. at the end of that week i think i had ewcm as well, then i had AF 2 weeks after that. that first AF was heavier than my pre-mc AFs. I'm now on my second AF and (touch wood) it doesn't appear to be as heavy as that last one.

good luck and lots of babydust xx
  • Options
    hi, mrs e

thanks I was wondering why I was still bleeding longer than normal with cycle. I just hope it stops soon, but just having bits of brown now, so fingers crossed girls. Has any started to ttc yet?
  • Options
    we started ttc this last month but AF turned up on CD28. at least cycle was fairly "Normal". i know i ov'd etc, we did everything we could but it wasn't meant to be! so i'm on to cycle 3 now post mc.

good luck and lots of babydust xxxx
  • Options
    hi Mrs e

good luck with future on ttc, I will keep my fingers crossed for you and oh. please Keep me updated when you and your oh do conceive and I will do the same if you want me to. Shell xxx
  • Options
    oh yes definitely! fingers crossed for us all.

and i like your thinking - "when" we conceive again rather than "if" image

we will get our sticky BFPs soon. what CD are you on now? I'm on CD3.

xxx
  • Options
    mrs e, sorry if being a bit thick but wat do you mean by cd3?
    Of course goodluck for everyone xx
  • Options
    ooop sorry, CD= cycle day. my AF started Friday so i'm now on CD3

xx
  • Options
    its ok, am on my 7th day. Thats why I am wondering if its a period or not, but suppose docs know best. They said it could be longer and heavier than normal. xx