Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Missed m/c help

I found out last Wednesday at my routine scan that I had lost my baby at 7 weeks and should have been 12 weeks.

I had no idea of this as I only started to bleed a little brown blood last Monday and also still had most pregnancy symptoms. I wasn't given a follow up scan as I told them I wnted to pass naturally or any antibiotics in case of infection after passing.

It's now been roughly six weeks and I haven't lost much blood really. The only red was at the hospital before my scan. I went to the docs on Friday for painkillers ready for when I pass and the doc phoned the antenatal clinic to see what the plan was. They said they had told me to go to the EPU if I hadn't passed in a week which they didn't. All the nurse told me was to go to the EPU if I had too much blood or pain. I've passed a 10 week fetus in the past so know roughly what to expect.

Anyway, my question is how long has it taken others to pass naturally after finding out baby's heart had stopped weeks before? This lack of blood loss and especially not losing much red is confusing me. The past two days I have only been spotting. It is is emotionally comforting to know my baby is still there as it feels like he/she doesn't want to leave me but I know it's not good physically.

Would I be best going to the EPU before Wednesday because I don't really want the D&C as there is risk of damage to my uterus/cervix. I also don't want the medical management as it is the abortion pill and seems wrong.

Any experiences/advice would be much appreciated. x x

Replies

• Options
    hi tracy,

the only experience i can tell you about is that in my mmc, i had no bleeding at all, no signs that my pg was over. i was just impatient and went for a private scan at 9.5 weeks but they couldn't find the baby, so i had to go back a week later for NHS one (at 10 weeks 6 days) and they confirmed that baby had died at 6 weeks. so I had my ERPC at 11 weeks. but the scans showed that i was showing no signs of passing it naturally any time soon, and it had already been "dead" (sorry i hate saying that word but can't find another word to fit) 5 weeks at that stage. for me, i couldn't bear the thought of carrying on any longer knowing that it was still there and i would be carrying it for a few more weeks to come, so i chose to have the ERPC straight away. but that is my own personal opinion. i was so scared about it as i'd never had an operation before but i decided it was for the best so that i could start to grieve and heal both physically and mentally. i was pleased in the end that i chose this option, but i appreciate it might not be the right one for you.

good luck, whatever you decide. we're all here for you

xxx