Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ERPC Wed - UPDATE!

Hi Ladies, well I have my operation booked in for Wed morning - have to be there at 7.30am, although I may not be seen till later in the morning. I'm scared as I have no idea what to expect.

The midwife we saw today was lovely, much nicer than the last one we saw, she was very sympathetic and understanding, just how you expect a midwife to be. She talked us through the options, basically either miscarry naturally or have an operation. Found it quite hard to make the decision, just hope I have made the right one, feel I need closure really. We were also given a leaflet about the fact that they have a cremation and remembrance service for all lost babies. Not sure I could cope with this? Has anyone been through this too?

Not sure how I'm feeling right now, don't think I have any more tears left to cry. I feel calm and I feel slightly numb. Have spoken to work and said I will be off the rest of this week and go back next Monday as physically I should be ok I guess, not sure about emotionally tho!! Already been off 2 weeks, but work have been great. How long has anyone else been off work? I am dreading going back, even though they all know now....

Luckily I only have to go back for one week as I already had the week off after booked as holiday, we're off to Devon for a week leading up to Easter. I have to say, the holiday has come at the right time, will be good to get away from everything for a bit. Just hope I will have stopped bleeding by then?

I guess every woman is different, but how long does the bleeding last? I guess as I wasn't that far on, well, 11 weeks from LMP, but pregnancy was dated 3 weeks earlier, so can't be much?? I hope not anyway.

I hope you all doing ok.

Zxx

***UPDATE***

Hi Ladies, well had my op yesterday, there was a lot of waiting around, we had to be there at 7.30am, but think I actually had it done just before 11am, home a couple of hours later.

It was ok, I was upset before and after, and had some bad crampting, which they gave me a little morphine for, then I was allowed home and just went to bed, couldn't sleep all that well, coz cramping and backache pretty bad, so just carried on with the painkillers.

Am bleeding (obviously), but not a huge amount, can't wait for it to ease off though. Slept ok, but still feeling a little groggy this morning and more cramping/backache, so am just taking it easy, and I am hoping to go back to work Monday, will only have to do a week, as then we're off for a mini break, which I think will do us the world of good.

Not sure how I'm feeling this morning, was very emotional when we got home, but this morning, am feeling just numb really, I feel we have closure, but I'm upset that it happened to us. We did everything right, I don't drink, smoke, we ate very healthily, I took the folic acid, I know there's no rhyme or reason, I just never thought it would happen to us.

Anyway....I hope everyone doing ok??

Zxx

[Modified by: ZLS23 on 18 March 2010 07:52:55 ]

Replies

• Options
    Big hugs to you, I have been there twice myself and know exactly how you feel. If it is any consolation I think you have made the right decision as after my first mmc I was forced to let nature take it's course as we were going on holiday 5 days later, I found the not knowing very stressful and ended up having an ERPC 5 weeks later as I only had a very small amount of bleeding. The second time I had an ERPC 3 days later and I found that far easier to deal with as it allowed me to move on quicker. For me the bleeding lasted 5 days the firsttime and 1 day the second, I did have mild discomfort but stock up on painkillers and the heat packs for period pain were a real godsend. I did go back to work after 2 days and to be honest I think that was a little too soon as I was still very fragile but for me getting back to normality helped me,but if you can stay off until next week I would.

Take care of yourself x
  • Options
    Hi JCS - thanks for your reply and sharing your story. I hope like you the bleeding doesn't last too long, and I will def, stock up on painkillers too. Will update after Wed. Thanks again. Zxx
  • Options
    Thinking of you today hun

xxxx
  • Options
    Good luck today Z - sorry no advice as haven't had ERPC myself but thinking of you
    xx
  • Options
    Im really thinking of you today hunny with your op and what not i hope it gives you the closure you need....there's simply not enough words or hugs to make us feel better there is no magic cure and our babies cant come back! However i have taken comfort that i had them for a lil whle which is more than some get too! Im also blessed with 2 gorgeous girls,,,,i really hope thing work out for you soon hun! xxx
  • Options
    How you feeling Zoe?

(((((big hugs)))))
  • Options
    Hi Poppygirl - not that great I have to say, have bad cramps, see my post in TTC after miscarriage/ectopic. Am on antibiotics in case of infection and also have some stronger painkillers. Am feeling really fed up and just want to be feeling back to my normal self again!!

How are you doing?

Zxx