Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

silent misscarige

hiya i am 17 and just had a silent misscarigge theres no bleeedin or anything no sighns i am very shocked i went for my scan last week and they counldnt find a heartbeat and realised its twins i am upset and shocked i have done evrything rite i quite smokin drinkin change my eatin i am reallly shocked i have lost it please help wot will the hospital do to me???/?:cry::cry:

Replies

• Options
    heya hun
    they shud give u 3 options
    1. d&c wich is an operation
    2. medical management where they knida induce u
    3. natural mc

I opted for the natural mc and gave birth to my baby 2 days later. It was very painful and not very pleasant.

There is nothing you could have done to prevented a miscarriage it's just one of those things.
    I like you had no signs that I had lost my baby-found out at the 12 week scan.

If you wana chat then I am on msn

Take care
    xx
  • Options
    is a natural mc jst where u bleed then i am only 5 weeeks how long does it take and thank u 4 sharing that with me xxxx
  • Options
    hiya,sorry to hear of your loss. i opted for medical management last week. they gave me tablet last monday orally that reduces the pregnancy hormones in your body. I had to go back 48 hour after for the rest of the treatment. i arrived at 9am and was given a tablet vaginally which felt just like a internal i was then told every time i went to the loo i had to do it in a bed pan type thing and take it to the midwifes then they could acess my loss. i had a little bleed 15 min later and then nothing. we just wandered about had a brew etc. I started with mild pains 2 hours later and by diner they'd got quite uncomfortable but with painkillers and a hot pad on my tummy they where manageable. i had the second lot of tablets the pains continued but still no bleeding. at 7pm they said we could go but i had to return this Wed for a check up where they would give me a pregnancy test to see if any of the pregnancy remains if so they'll do the same again with the vaginal tablets. since coming home i have started to bleed like a heavy period i've passed small clots but don't think i've passed anything there looking for. i'm just going to have to wait till wed. sorry i've babbled but i know it helped me making my decsion when people told me their experiences as it helped me in knowing what to expect. Everyone is so different in there stories and it is just my story. have a good long think,don't be afraid of asking the midwifes questions as they are the experts and can guide you better knowing your individual situation.take care hun.i was told i should bleed for around 10 days but it could be anything up to a few weeks. xxxxx
  • Options
    yh the babies are 5 weeks old and i am 3 months gne so i am fink d&c would be best at moment i am still gettin alll the sighns like stretch marks alll over my booobs legs, tummey i havent beeen sick through out me pregnancy or i havent ad anything else like ed aches is d&c best for me xx
  • Options
    hiya

I had this last yr - it is so painful emotionally.

I opted 4 D and C. When I forst found out I was adamant I would not have an operation but after 2 days of waiting I was so scared of what I might see I did a complete turn around and went in for the op. It was ok, very little pain and bleeding. I had got to the stage where I wanted it over and felt a freak for having a dead baby in me - sorry that sounds so awful but thats how I felt.

throughout it all people were telling me I had to do what was right for me but it was my mother in law who gave me the best advice and said ' get it dealt with quickly' and so I did.

thinking of you x
  • Options
    i thought u dnt seee anything when u have d&c
    thats why i have choosen this thanks 4 sharin x
  • Options
    erm i am thinking of having the tablet now after the 48 hrs wot do they do?????????????? is this painful or little pain????? is there a lot off bloood or little? is it period pains u get??? plz write bk xxx
  • Options
    Hi dawney. Sorry to hear your sad news. I too had a missed/silent miscarriage and only found out four weeks ago at my 12 week scan. My baby had died at 7 weeks.

I decided on the medical management tablets as nothing was passing and I was only bleeding a little brown blood. I first took a pill at the Early Pregnancy Unit at the hospital then had to go back to the ward two days later where I was given pessaries internally on my cervix. This doesn't hurt. Half an hour later I started getting contraction pains which I couldn't really handle but you will be offered painkillers. I've read that these contractions aren't always painful and everyone is different.

Once the painkillers started working I was given another two tablets about two hours later. These help you to pass and after about half an hour, I felt like I need the loo every five minutes as the pressure builds up inside while tissue is coming down. Technically, you are giving birth but I had no pain at all whilst passing everything. There will be lots of blood and you may see the fetuses but I doubt this as you are only 5 weeks and they will still be very tiny. You are given a bed pan to squat over when you feel you need to push. It's more like a "needing to wee" feeling. You are also give lots of sanitary pads and wipes to clean yourself. And you are put in a private room so don't be worried about being on a ward with other women. I worried about this but the nurses just pop in every now and then to check your blood pressure and temperature and to give you tablets. It's very private and you can buzz a nurse from the room should you have too much pain.

Everyone is different in how their body handles a miscarriage and it's not physically painful for every woman. I would recommend it if you don't like the idea of having an operation.

If you still want to go ahead with the medical management pills, ring the Early Pregnancy Unit at your hospital to arrange an appointment to take the first tablet. This just helps things to come away inside the womb and the cervix to start opening.

I hope all goes well for you and remember to take time to grieve for your loss. You will experience lots of emotions. Sadness, guilt, anger and jealousy of pregnant women but this is normal.

So sorry again for your loss. It's horrible when you think you are still pregnant and things have gone wrong without you knowing. Hope my reply helps you and there is always someone on here to chat if you need to.

Take care. x x x

[Modified by: tracy77 on August 13, 2008 12:19 AM]

• Options
    i have now gne through misscarrige it jst came normally i was in lot of pain i had contractions which killed i was on very drug goin i wud not likeee 2 exsperince this again i wud rather go 4 d&c if u need 2 ask questions feeel free xx