Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

lots of bleeding, am I miscarrying?

hi,

This is my first post on this forum.

Yesterday Wednesday was supposed to be the last day of my AF and usually there's just a spot of dark blood if anything. But there's been lots of bright red blood from Tuesday evening onwards. Even now as I am typing I can feel something coming out (sorry tmi). But there's no pain at all. Is this a miscarriage? I have never had anything like this before. AF is usually on time and lasts 5 to 7 days.

Hubby and I have been trying for over 12 months for our second child. Last month I thought we had BD'ed at the right time (according to OV tests), and I really thought we'd do it this time (well every month I think this).

If this is a miscarriage, when does the bleeding stop? Am I supposed to go to the doctors to get an examination?

Thanks for your support, ladies.
Gina xx

Replies

• have you done a pregnancy test? I would do that first, even if you are bleeding if you are pregnant then you should have some hormones that would register. If you have just had af then it doesnt sound like a mc to me, but our bodies are very strange and you never know.

Good luck hunny x x x
  • Hi

I agree with summer. If you thought this was a normal af, do a test to see if you are pg. If it's positive then you need to see a dr, as red blood can be a worry. If it's negative, it could just be af messing with you. Although a lot of ladies have by the book cycles, or something that is regular for them. Every now an again a spanner can be thrown in the works.

Let us know how you get on. xx
  • hi
    An update. Sunday evening now and I am still bleeding bright red blood. There's been soft red jelly stuff too - blood clots I think. Several large blobs of clots on Friday evening, and lots of small blobs in between. Still no pain but the fact that I have been bleeding from day 6 to day 11 of my cycle (immediately following a normal AF) is now causing me concern.

Tried to ring NHS Direct but can't get through. Reading stuff on internet is scary, because it seems that either I am having a miscarriage or endometrial cancer! I am definitely going to the doctors tomorrow.

I wish I'd done pregnancy test but because AF started on day 29, I just didn't think to bother. I might give it a go in the morning, in case it gives some sort of an answer.

I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight with worrying.
  • It could be a chemical pregnancy I suppose. When the sperm and egg meet and fertilise, but do not implant properly. Otherwise it could just be a really weird af.

It sounds like you will get some reassurance from a doctors visit.

Update us. xx