Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnancy after MC

Hi All,
Anyone on here suffered from MC then fell pregnant before first AF? need some advice pls? getting so many confusing messages.
I posted about my MC on an earlier blog but its been 3 weeks today since DNC and got slight bleeding which is coming to an end but think its still results of DNC and not AF yet..would like to TTC again when bleed stops but is this a good or bad idea as not had AF yet? I do feel emotionally ready.

Replies

• Options
    Hi
    The nurse told me we could try 2wks after d&c or when bleeding stopped. She said I should OV 2wks after d&c.
    I wanted to wait till I had 1st AF just to feel my body had returned to normal. (AF came 31dys after d&c)
    But I'v read about alot of people who'v got preg right away.

Take Care
    Helen x x x

• Options
    Thanks Helen x
  • Options
    Hi Helen
    We started trying straight away, Dr said it was fine, I had 1 period then fell pregnant which was great. Just had my early scan today - I am 10 wks and 4 days and everything doing great - I was so relieved today. Keeping everything crossed it continues that way but feel a bit more confident now.
    Keep my fingers crossed for you - just take it easy.
    luv Jac

xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Jac
    I'm so pleased your scan went well today.
    Take care
    love Helen
  • Options
    Hi Jac,
    Glad scan went well. Not had first AF yet but its a month tmw since my DNC and we did the 'business' for the first time in ages yesterday it was good just to feel close again if you know what I mean. Dont think anything will happen just yet though as I bled slightly after?! going to just take each day as it goes and see what happens. Thanks for your message.
  • Options
    Hi Helen,
    I desperately want to try again although only 11 days since mc and still spotting. I know it is sensible to have an AF (and midwife said it's better chance for success) but it seems so wrong to use contraception (not that we're 'doing it' yet).
    I work with teenagers and often have to give preg/ termination advice and it is sooooo hard at the moment.
    How long after mc do most people stop bleeding and then get an af? Can't bear the thought of a long wait...
  • Options
    when i had my mc i bled for nearly 2 weeks, then had 1 period after mc before falling pregnant, i didnt use contraception after mc, but i think the reason i never conceved straight after mc was that we didnt do anythin for a while as was to upset to think about it, but i had a healthy girl after, even tho hospital told me to have 3 periods before trying again.

• Options
    Hi,
    I have started my first AF since MC exactly one month ago! I am in pain but happy too so we can start to TTC again after I stop. Your AF will happen I am so inpatient and didnt think I could wait this long but the days/weeks have flown past as I have kept myself busy. I was worried as it was the first day last Sunday that we 'did it' and then later that night I got my AF and I panicked thinking something was wrong but AF is in full flow now (parden the pun!) so dont worry it will happen...I wasn't even going to wait for AF as I wanted to try again straight away!
    H
  • Options
    Hi

Im in the same position as you Helen2525 and camlo, currently waiting for first af after my mc which was 6 weeks ago this saturday. Desperately wanting to try again! That was my 2nd miscarriage this year my first was mmc in may then had one af and fell pregnant straight away.

Nic x
  • Options
    Hi nic22, I do hope it happens for you soon. I am glad as AF started now but worried as if we are really lucky and TTc after AF and fall would there be a high risk of me losing that one as well?
  • Options
    I'm also really worried about catching again and having another mc. I know there was no reason for losing my baby but in a way it makes me more worried not less as I can't do anything to prevent another. Good Luck this month Helen x
  • Options
    when i was pregnant with my daughter after my mc i was worried all the way thru incase it happend again and im preg with baby no 2 and just as worried as last time i didnt relax till my daughter was born and wont till this one is, i think everyone who has a mc or neotatel death ext, is going to be worried, but i mean it when i say im sure all will go well for you next time hun and i wish you all the best and luck in the future hun xx
  • Options
    Hi hhobby

I lost our little girl in July his year at 20 weeks also lost baby at 7 weeks last year we were adviced to wait for 2 AF before trying we waited for 1 but have had 2 before found out we are expecting a baby only 5 weeks at mo really happy but anxious like it has already been said hard to relax until baby is here.

Wishing you all the best

Ann
  • Options
    Hey
    Its only natrual to worry about miscarrying again, Im petrified!! especially as its been over 6 weeks since mc and still no af, I think once af arrives it'll finalise everything and then I can properly move onto ttc again, does that make any sense?? Is that the way you are feeling helen2525? As for miscarrying again, its natrual to be really worried but I think when i get pregnant again (fingers crossed it'll be soon!) i'll just be taking it a day at a time.

Nic x
  • Options
    Just wanted to add theat i had mc in june 06(on 30th birthday) but was pregnant again 3 weeks later didnt want to wait!!had my beautiful daughter in feb 10 weeks early she is perfect in every way and i wouldnt change it for all the world !!! i think you might as well try to concieve asap im glad i was so lucky to fall quickly! and lolas early arrival was unrelated to mc .
  • Options
    Hi Guys,
    Nic22, Yes I felt exactly the same I wanted my AF so that I could feel everything would be okay and understand what you mean, but I would have probably started trying if it had taken more than a couple of months to arrive - I think.
    Sionap, Wow you had it tough but so good to know that you have your beautiful daughter! congrats!
    In general I am well, had AF as you know last week and it lasted exactly 7 days and was exactly a month after MC so maybe my body is ready. We have started TTC again and I am really just trying not to think about things too much this time as I feel I was getting too worried about it all and I also have no patience! so I am just going to take each day at a time and TTC without 'trying for a baby' all the time just so that me and my OH have that closeness again (trying not to sound too cheesy!).
    Got a stinky cold today so feeling a bit run down...do I take some cold tablets seeing as we are TTC? oh dear here I go again worrying!
    I do wish everyone that has been so kind to take the time to post comments a load of baby dust if you are TTC and AF to those that are waiting and just a huge thank you to you all as I dont think I could have got through the last month if it wasnt for all your comments.
  • Options
    Hi Guys,
    Nic22, Yes I felt exactly the same I wanted my AF so that I could feel everything would be okay and understand what you mean, but I would have probably started trying if it had taken more than a couple of months to arrive - I think.
    Sionap, Wow you had it tough but so good to know that you have your beautiful daughter! congrats!
    In general I am well, had AF as you know last week and it lasted exactly 7 days and was exactly a month after MC so maybe my body is ready. We have started TTC again and I am really just trying not to think about things too much this time as I feel I was getting too worried about it all and I also have no patience! so I am just going to take each day at a time and TTC without 'trying for a baby' all the time just so that me and my OH have that closeness again (trying not to sound too cheesy!).
    Got a stinky cold today so feeling a bit run down...do I take some cold tablets seeing as we are TTC? oh dear here I go again worrying!
    I do wish everyone that has been so kind to take the time to post comments a load of baby dust if you are TTC and AF to those that are waiting and just a huge thank you to you all as I dont think I could have got through the last month if it wasnt for all your comments.
  • Options
    Hows your cold helen2525? think you'd prob be ok to take cold medication. Thats me 7 weeks after mc and still no af, its dragging on a bit now! too scared to do test as I know there is a possibility i could be preg again! x

• Options
    Hi Nic22,
    Cold a lot better now thanks but got a lot worse before it did get better! I know its hard to say as I have to keep telling myself but try not to test just yet maybe wait another week? I know that we are TTc again now and if my cycle has returned to normal then I would be due my AF at the end of next week/start of the week after that around the 9th Nov - but everything maybe off so I am not going to do a test or anything until a week or so after AF is due..but then again I am saying that now and I could easily change my mind next week! lol
    So you are trying ttc again? personal question but do you get any spotting after? I still seem to get a little?
    Hope you are well
  • Options
    Hello

I gave in to the little voice in my head on sunday and did a test and as expected it was a bfn still no af though!!! Yeah we more or less started trying straight away after mc, i felt ready. With my miscarriage in May I had a D & C i bled for about 4 days then about 3 weeks later i started spotting for about another 4 days then went on to have af about 4 weeks after that. Fingers crossed your af stays away Helen!! Havent been spotting after ttc though. Think I'll maybe test again next week, just getting a bit impatient now!

Take care x