Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

pain in abdomen and back

My sister had a scan last week and the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks + no heart beat. She thought she was about 12 weeks and so was very upset at this news.
This morning she was taken down to theatre and although she bled quite a bit during the precedure, she came back awake and fairly comfortable. However this afternoon she started to get bad pain in her back and abdomen. The doc does not know what is causing it and so she has to stay in and is feeling totally gutted. I was wondering if anyone else had similar pains.
She had a urine test and has been put on antibiotics for a possible infection and so this could why, but it is strange that it only started after the op.
Maria

Replies

• Options
    Hi,
    Im sorry to hear what your sister is going through I had natural MMc last june, I think tha pain may be qiute normal, Im no Dr mind you, but from what ive read off other ladys the bleeding can kick off a little while after the op and the pains can still be quite bad I think some times the body still feels the need to kick into action and do the job so it maybe a bit like labour pains or after pains that shes getting, I should think things will settle in a couple of days with rest and painkillers, but its good that they have put her on antibiotics just in case so all bases are covered.
    How is your daughter doing?
    I send my best wishes to you all.
    Vikkix
  • Options
    yep gt bad pains n no baby and the father has gone. no support from him.