Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

being a numpty

i am not sure whether i should be posting here still. I am lucky enough to be25 weeks pregnant but have had an awful journey to get to this point and this pregnancy has been a complete rollercoaster with 12 bleeds and various other issues.

I really dont what is wrong with me today but i cannot stop thinking about my angels - becasue of another bleed yesterday we had a scan with the same woman who told us we had lost the twins in the same room - i was a total mess!

I keep on going through those few days from being told to waking up from the erpc screaming for my babies. Cannot seem to stop the tears.

I havent let myself believe that this pregnancy is going to end in a beautiful bundle and whilst i am thinking of it more now i still am so scared i am not going to get to hold my little man.

really need to pull myself together. Hugs to you all x x x

Replies

• Options
    Hugs honey! Sounds like you've really had a horrific time. Emotional scars take a long time to heal. Take strength from your little man, you are so nearly there and your dreams of being a mummy are only around the corner. x
  • Options
    You are not a numpty!

Our miscarriage was only a few days ago so it's all very fresh but we are determined never to forget our bean. We've kept the little booties I bought, along with his or her scan picture and letters that we wrote in a little box which we will get out on the anniversary and on father's day (that's when we found out about bean joining us the first time). I think it's important never to forget because you did lose a little one, but at the same time if you're dwelling to the extent that it's completely stopping you from enjoying your next pregnancy then maybe you need to talk it through with someone.

You are 25 weeks now so you're pretty much viable even if something did go wrong. You're over all the hurdles and your angels are looking down on the baby you're carrying now and they'll want to make sure their little brother is doing fine.

Don't tell yourself you're silly for feeling that way, it's a traumatic experience even if it is followed by a healthy pregnancy.

Take care,
    Becky x
  • Options
    In the nicest possible way....yes pull yourself together! image You will hold this little boy, you have come so much further than before, and are beyond the half way mark. This is the countdown now!

You are such a support to others, and if you need the support yourself you have every right to post. I'm sorry you had your scan in the same room as before, it's not something considered by the professionals.

You need to change your focus, as hard as it is. You have a lovely little baby to prepare for, he's a tough cookie and he's not going anywhere. I still have trouble believing I'm having a healthy pregnancy, the only clue is the bump I'm getting, and suddenly everyone it touching it!

You will remember your angels, we all will, and one day maybe you will tell your little boy about them. I plan to put the teddy we got in rememberance of bean in peanut's room, so bean can watch over him/her.

Think of the future as much as you can, and we're here if you have another 'wobble'. xx

• Options
    just what i needed to hear thank you x x
  • Options
    summer we are all here for you xxxxxx